Monitor doesn't turn on after a restart: Possible PSU issue?

Resonance

The computer works fine after a shut down and turning it back on manually, just not a restart or sleep. 

PSU: Corsair CX500

MOBO: MSI z87 g41 PC mate

GPU: EVGA 760

CPU: i5-4590

Already tried:

Another monitor

I was thinking that the power supply wasn't supplying enough of either wattage or amperage, however, it should be enough?

I haven't tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, since I assume they won't make a difference with a display signal after a restart? (i could be wrong)

I'll try replacing the power supply but I wanted some feedback to see if it could be an issue somewhere else.

Thanks

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

My keyboard goes crazy after I wake my PC up from sleep, monitors are fine though. No problems after restarting. I don't think it's a problem with your PSU tbh, is your graphics card spinning up?

this happens to me when i put my PC to sleep. The monitor doesn't come on unless i unplug it, boot the PC then plug it back in.

Well, the PC boots up fine if it's coming on from a standard shut down previously. Unplugging the cable and re-plugging doesn't fix the issue after a restart or sleep.

My keyboard goes crazy after I wake my PC up from sleep, monitors are fine though. No problems after restarting. I don't think it's a problem with your PSU tbh, is your graphics card spinning up?

The graphics card is spinning up, same way it does from a standard boot, from a shut down. Just doesn't have a signal after the restart or sleep.

Edit: It's just a convenience type of thing, everything works fine, just this is sort of depressing after a new build.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

Well, the PC boots up fine if it's coming on from a standard shut down previously. Unplugging the cable and re-plugging doesn't fix the issue after a restart or sleep.

The graphics card is spinning up, same way it does from a standard boot, from a shut down. Just doesn't have a signal after the restart or sleep.

Edit: It's just a convenience type of thing, everything works fine, just this is sort of depressing after a new build.

Does the monitor work in other devices?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Does the monitor work in other devices?

Yes, the monitor works perfectly on another PC.

Yes, the monitor works perfectly on another PC.

I've had a similar problem that was fixed by re-installing Linux. I would imagine you're using Windows in this case and would re-install it if possible. Keep in mind that you'll probably get a funky resolution on screen when you first re-install the OS as you need to install the GPU drivers to get that fixed.

Otherwise, it sounds like you might have the sleep settings on your monitor set a little weird. Can you change the settings to have it never go to sleep and see if this re-occurs?

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've had a similar problem that was fixed by re-installing Linux. I would imagine you're using Windows in this case and would re-install it if possible. Keep in mind that you'll probably get a funky resolution on screen when you first re-install the OS as you need to install the GPU drivers to get that fixed.

Otherwise, it sounds like you might have the sleep settings on your monitor set a little weird. Can you change the settings to have it never go to sleep and see if this re-occurs?

Yeah, reinstalling Windows isn't an issue. I may as well try that. 

The monitor doesn't... really have settings for sleep mode but I can try within Windows?

Yeah, reinstalling Windows isn't an issue. I may as well try that. 

The monitor doesn't... really have settings for sleep mode but I can try within Windows?

I have settings within my monitor itself. Yours should too....

But yes, Power Options in Windows changes the time that it takes for the monitor to dim and the PC to sleep. For me, monitor off is 10 minutes and sleep is 2 hours.

I have settings within my monitor itself. Yours should too....

But yes, Power Options in Windows changes the time that it takes for the monitor to dim and the PC to sleep. For me, monitor off is 10 minutes and sleep is 2 hours.

I'll give it a shot, however, since I've tried 2 different monitors, I'm not sure how much difference it will make, but all testing is worth it.

I'll give it a shot, however, since I've tried 2 different monitors, I'm not sure how much difference it will make, but all testing is worth it.

Oh, didn't realize that you tried other monitors....

I might RMA the motherboard and GPU as those seem to be the parts that could cause this.