1 2TB HDD or 2 1TB HDDs in RAID 0?

Planning to purchase typical 720rpm HDD. Mainly the game loading times are my concern. 

The 2 TB HDD costs about 25% less than 2 1TB HDDs here in india. My question is, for Gaming, which config is better for cost/performance ratio. Is RAID 0 of 2 1TB HDDs is worth extra 25% money or shouild i stick with 2TB HDD and save some cash?

Will I see any noticeable performance in load times with a RAID 0 config over single HDD?

BTW, SSD is not an option here. I already have one for my OS and 3-4 games.

We'll you're almost doubling your speed with raid 0 with 2x1TB as opposed to 1x2TB. The load time difference will definitely be noticeable

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Go for a single 2TB drive. The faster loading times aren't worth doubling the chances of losing your data. 

raid 0, himmm if it fails your in deep shit I'd go with the 2TB

True but if the cost is the same then you can double the performance and the risk is exactly the same having 2 raid 0 drives to having a single drive... if it fails it fails... no difference

Agreed there is inherent complication with raid 0, and they might fail sooner, but if the performance outweighs the risk (and the OP has a way of backing up data) then its not the worst thing to do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We'll you're almost doubling your speed with raid 0 with 2x1TB as opposed to 1x2TB. The load time difference will definitely be noticeable

no. You only would achieve (almost) double the performance when doing large sequential reads/writes.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Hi there @akshayshah!

I would personally go with one 2 TB drive, because with RAID 0 you are twice as likely to get a hardware failure (since there are two drives) and lose all your data. Plus, RAID 0 improves sequential read speeds, but not seeks. 

Cheers! :)

If this post helped you, please like and choose it as a best answer.   :)
http://www.wdc.com/en/

when ever a customer asks if he can do raid 0 , my answer is: please Sir don't buy from here BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WILL BE BACK WITH TWO FUCKED UP DRIVES

I5 3570K@ 4.4 - GIGABYTE Z77- Kingston 8G 2400 RAM - MSI GTX980 - HAF-X - 27'' ROG SWIFT + 32'' LG IPS - OCZ 250G SSD + WD 4TB HDD - ASUS XONAR DX -Noctua NH-D14

I would actually do 2 1TB drives in RAID 1. You might not get 2 TB of storage, but your load times will still be really good as RAID 1 improves read speeds (but not write) plus you get the added bonus of the redundancy RAID 1 provides. The only way I would do RAID 0 with HDDs is if they were a drive certified for 24/7 use, as those drives are built like tanks and have a very low failure rate. I swear by WD Reds personally. Maybe look into WD Red, Red Pro, or Purple? Or WD Re or Se if you have the money?

So the general consensus is to go with single HDD as opposed to RAID. Thanks guys. I am getting a 2TB HDD. :)

Yeay! Then when that one 2TB drive dies you end up with the same data protection as 2 1TB's in RAID 0, zilch. @KorineFreak had the only sensible answer because if you go with the one drive you up the same $&|^ creak as two in RAID 0. Well if you don't value the data and don't want redundancy then I'd go with RAID 0 for the speed.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.