Need a new mouse and just have a question that bothers me

GeoffreyPope
Go to solution Solved by IIIPHENOMIII,

Yeah the NAOS was one that I had considered because of the ergonomics, but I like to claw grip my mice (kind of an in between claw and palm) so I don't know if it would be all that good for me... What would you guys recommend between the ones we have talked about? 

if you're using a 'hybrid' grip (well, that's what I call it :D ) I'd really suggest looking into the Logitech G402 or G400(s). I'm currently using a G500s (going for the G502 or G402 soon, because optical > laser) and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Nothing beats the G9x in terms of comfort and grip for me but yh, sadly enough they don't make that one anymore and it's a laser mouse.

The G502, currently, has the best sensor available for mice. When looking for a mouse I'd really not look too much into the "looks" if you want to play good. Most important thing is comfort and how good the sensor is :)

I have a super bad dell mouse that i need to replace but as I have been using it for the last 2 years I have become very accustomed to the sensitivity. As I do not want to have to relearn all of mu muscle memory, I was wondering if anyone knew what the sensitivity of the mouse is. The model number if Dell DJ301, and while I have tried to find specifications on their site, I have failed. I am not sure if i am being a scrub or if it's just not there..

Cheers

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

The max DPI is 1000

Source

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The max DPI is 1000

Source

Wow I have had my RAT 7 on max and that is 6400, I don't like using anything less than 5500.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

1000 really isn't that bad.  I'm still rocking my 8 year old MX Revolution with 800 dpi max and I've never felt like it was holding me back.  In fact it is still way too sensitive for most people who try to use my computer.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Thanks for the response guys, I was not looking to see if i should "upgrade" my mouse for one simply with a higher DPI. :D What I wanted to know was what DPI setting to put a new mouse to so I do not have to relearn my muscle memory for gameplay (been playing far too much CS:GO and have just stared to get the muscle memory down so would rather not lose it). The only issue that I had with my mouse were that if i moved it too fast, it would stop responding and make random movements, so I could not turn the sensitivity down as much as I really would have liked or turn 180 degrees quickly. Personally I would prioritize the build quality, ergonomics and sensor type over sheer DPI as I don't buy into the whole "we need over 9000 DPI" thing. :D I am thinking that I will get either the Logitech G600 or the Corsair M45 as I like the design and they supposedly have great sensors and are programmable. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

Thanks for the response guys, I was not looking to see if i should "upgrade" my mouse for one simply with a higher DPI. :D What I wanted to know was what DPI setting to put a new mouse to so I do not have to relearn my muscle memory for gameplay (been playing far too much CS:GO and have just stared to get the muscle memory down so would rather not lose it). The only issue that I had with my mouse were that if i moved it too fast, it would stop responding and make random movements, so I could not turn the sensitivity down as much as I really would have liked or turn 180 degrees quickly. Personally I would prioritize the build quality, ergonomics and sensor type over sheer DPI as I don't buy into the whole "we need over 9000 DPI" thing. :D I am thinking that I will get either the Logitech G600 or the Corsair M45 as I like the design and they supposedly have great sensors and are programmable. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I'd suggest the Logitech G502, while it has a 12,000 max DPI I run it at 1150 and it performs great. No issues with tracking and no acceleration.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

I'd suggest the Logitech G502, while it has a 12,000 max DPI I run it at 1150 and it performs great. No issues with tracking and no acceleration.

Cheers for the suggestion but I am not a fan of the styling. Fussy I know, but it is also more expensive than the other two mice as well.

Logitech G402, Logitech G400(s), Steelseries rival, mionix naos 7000... just to name a few mice with perfect sensors (optical ones) which are the best for FPS games (especially CSGO).

Cheers for the suggestion but I am not a fan of the styling. Fussy I know, but it is also more expensive than the other two mice as well.

Yea the styling nearly put me off as well, almost any optical mouse or any Logitech G optical mouse would perform rather well.

R7 2700x | ASUS Strix X470-f | 4x8 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Zotac RTX 2080ti | Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
2x Xeon X5650 | Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F | 6x4 Micron DDR3 ECC | 4x4TB HDD

Logitech G402, Logitech G400(s), Steelseries rival, mionix naos 7000... just to name a few mice with perfect sensors (optical ones) which are the best for FPS games (especially CSGO).

Yeah the NAOS was one that I had considered because of the ergonomics, but I like to claw grip my mice (kind of an in between claw and palm) so I don't know if it would be all that good for me... What would you guys recommend between the ones we have talked about? 

i'd recommend the Corsair m45 over the logitech g600

Thinking about it I would always be clicking the ring finger click accidentally, you are probably right! 

However it's better to decrease the mouse acceleration in the OS settings. And raise the DPI instead. Also the mouse pad you use can change the speed of the mouse. Different lasers can behave differently on the same mouse pad.

But that won't be an issue I guess. All gaming mice have adjustable DPI, which you will be able to change until you find that desired spot.

As extra:
My favorite mouse currently is the Logitech G502 Proteus core. I have tried almost ANY gaming mouse. I went to a display where they gave the opportunity to test like 40-50 Gaming mice from all kinds of brands. Before my g502 I had the R.A.T. 7 with a glossy finish. I really like glossy texture and it could be adjusted perfectly to your hand. But that mouse broke down 3 times. Those mice have a bad lifespan in general.

So the logitech g502 is the new winner for me. It has very satisfying clicks. Even the thumb buttons!! Also I really like the scroll wheel. I miss the aluminum base of the RAT 7 which gave it a premium feeling. But that's not big of an issue,

真実を見せてやる

shinjitsu o misete yaru

if you're using a 'hybrid' grip (well, that's what I call it :D ) I'd really suggest looking into the Logitech G402 or G400(s). I'm currently using a G500s (going for the G502 or G402 soon, because optical > laser) and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Nothing beats the G9x in terms of comfort and grip for me but yh, sadly enough they don't make that one anymore and it's a laser mouse.

The G502, currently, has the best sensor available for mice. When looking for a mouse I'd really not look too much into the "looks" if you want to play good. Most important thing is comfort and how good the sensor is :)

True that! Looks are not too important, but I do not want something that looks like it was designed using a wind tunnel. :D From your suggestions I think I like the G400s the best as it has a relatively minimalist design and is inexpensive too!  

True that! Looks are not too important, but I do not want something that looks like it was designed using a wind tunnel. :D From your suggestions I think I like the G400s the best as it has a relatively minimalist design and is inexpensive too!  

Well perhaps the g500s as well... Thanks for the feedback. :)