*HELP* Replacement windows key keycap for mx cherry?

ButthurtTumbleweed

So i bought a MAX Keyboard Nighthawk and I want to replace the windows key's keycap (I don't really like the swirl design on it)

I cant seem to find anywhere to buy the domed keycap with a backlight compatible design. Only website I found the dome shape was WASD

Anyone know where to find the kind of keycap im looking for (mx cherry btw)

Not sure what you mean by dome key cap? Can you show an example?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

When I think domed key cap I think like bubbled up on top... I'll need a picture to understand such concept.

The Windows key on this keyboard appears to be a custom sized key... I think.

Somewhat difficult to tell from a picture, as I have no experience with this keyboard... or company for that matter.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

does the shape matter? really?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

does the shape matter? really?

I'm probably one of the few people who actually uses the windows key and I absolutely love the feeling of that shape. So yeah. (not sure why but it makes pushing the windows key feel powerful)

It's on a nighthawk so the size is the same as the alphanumeric keys. so if I didnt care about that shape i could just buy another keycap.

Just thought Id see if anyone knew where I can get what Im looking for to personalize it (that's what mechanical keyboards are about,  :D right?)

I'm probably one of the few people who actually uses the windows key and I absolutely love the feeling of that shape. So yeah. (not sure why but it makes pushing the windows key feel powerful)

It's on a nighthawk so the size is the same as the alphanumeric keys. so if I didnt care about that shape i could just buy another keycap.

Just thought Id see if anyone knew where I can get what Im looking for to personalize it (that's what mechanical keyboards are about,  :D right?)

then buy the keycap and use a white sharpie and wright on a windows logo, like idk man! there are like a few hundred different windows keys for cherry mx, pick one.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

then buy the keycap and use a white sharpie and wright on a windows logo, like idk man! there are like a few hundred different windows keys for cherry mx, pick one.

The point is to have the shape and the backlight...

The point is to have the shape and the backlight...

drill a square hole(actually a thing) in each quadret of the windows logo.

drill a square hole(actually a thing) in each quadret of the windows logo.

I described what I'm looking for and asked where I can get it. If you don't have an answer to my question, please stop. I would honestly rather have the stock one on the keyboard than drill holes in a blank one. Drilling holes does not produce the same backlight quality of a factory backlight compatible keycap

I described what I'm looking for and asked where I can get it. If you don't have an answer to my question, please stop. I would honestly rather have the stock one on the keyboard than drill holes in a blank one. Drilling holes does not produce the same backlight quality of a factory backlight compatible keycap

well ok then, butthurt

I can't think of any, sadly. I've seen a lot of keycaps but I don't know if anyone has ever bothered trying to print on a domed keycap and still let light through.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

well ok then, butthurt

He clearly wants a simple solution to buy and be done with it and politely reminded you. No need to be rude.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

He clearly wants a simple solution to buy and be done with it and politely reminded you. No need to be rude.

That is exactly what I asked. Thank you so much for your help.