Motherboard compatibility

1anas16

HI, im planning on making my first build!

iv gathered parts from various builds and mixed them together, i just want to know if its a good build for the price and if its compatible :)

Will i be able to oc the cpu to at least 4.4 with the psu and the stock cooler i have?

I'm trying to go cheap with performance ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/1anas16/saved/KKCCmG

thanks in advance  

HI, im planning on making my first build!

iv gathered parts from various builds and mixed them together, i just want to know if its a good build for the price and if its compatible :)

Will i be able to oc the cpu to at least 4.4 with the psu and the stock cooler i have?

I'm trying to go cheap with performance ;)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/1anas16/saved/KKCCmG

thanks in advance  

it ill work but i would reccomend saving some more money

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Don't overclock with a stock cooler. Just grab a nice and cheap Hyper 212 Evo, they can be had for about $25-$30 USD.

The G3258 produces a lot of heat if you want to OC, an aftermarket cooler is basically required if you do.

I would recommend getting at least a 750ti, the performance boost over the 750 is amazing.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

You can overclock the G3258 on the stock cooler. It's the only CPU that will actually overclock pretty decently with the stock cooler because it's such a lower power chip and only has two cores. Granted you could go higher with a 212 Evo, but it's not necessary. Your money is better spent on the GPU instead of a CPU cooler.

An h81 chipset motherboard with a haswell refresh CPU could lead to problems. If it doesn't ship with the newer bios, well, you need to get the new bios to use your CPU. The only problem is you need a working CPU to reflash to bios, so you're in a catch 22 and stuck with parts that could be compatible, but aren't and with no way to fix that.

If you can't afford the 750ti, get the R7 260x. However, the R9 270 is really the best price to performance at this low price point. See if you can find one on sale.

i agree with lotus youll get more performance with an amd gpu at this price point wheter its an r7 260x or r7 265 you can afford they outperform the gtx750 and for cpu id suggest a core i3-4130 and a cheap h81 motherboard instead.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

This is the minimum for what I would do. Note: I did include rebates in this because I really can't fit everything in for $400 without rebates. Here are two systems. The first is the G3258, which has great single threaded performance but poor multi-threaded performance, and the second is a more expensive i5 + R9 280 build that I think would be worth it to stretch your budget for.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI H97 Guard-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($35.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 270 2GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $395.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 19:47 EST-0500

and for the more expensive build that I think is more than worth it:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: MSI H97 Guard-Pro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 Low Profile Red 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($65.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 280 3GB IceQ OC Video Card  ($169.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $565.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 19:50 EST-0500

This build has no downside, unlike the first one. It has 8GB of ram, and much better multi-threaded performance than the G3258. Plus the GPU is better to boot. It's what I would strive for if you could.

heres the parts i would change in your build, should cost about the same in the end but better performance overall:

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.97 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($41.34 @ Newegg)

Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R7 260X 1GB TurboDuo Video Card ($77.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $269.28

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 19:52 EST-0500

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

yeah thanks, i really dont want any problems so ill stick with my amd 760k and get the r7 260x because its the same price and its 2 gig thanks 

you guys have helped me by alot!

Im going to get the asus one!