Corsair GS700 good for my new build?

trentklein

Im doing a new build and im kind of a noob when it comes to PSU's  :mellow:

I know that GPU companies overkill the minimum wattage required for the card, but I am thinking about getting a 290 and cooling it with a closed loop cooler with NZXT G10 (obviously going to overclock).

Also in my build:

fx 6350 cooled by a 240m

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

8 gigs of G Skill sniper 2133 ram

Samsung 840 EVO

Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1tb HDD

and 8 sp120 fans give or take a few

(and plan on added a LED to my case in the future)

Could anyone help me out with this? If my PSU will be okay, ill stick with that and a 290 and if not, i guess i will unfortunately have to upgrade my PSU as well, or, get a 970.

You'll be fine m8 :)

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You'll be fine m8 :)

Thanks! Im just worried ill blow my pc up if i only have a gs700 with a 290 hahaha

Thanks! Im just worried ill blow my pc up if i only have a gs700 with a 290 hahaha

nah, you could probably go with a 600w psu even xD. That would be cutting it a little close though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

nah, you could probably go with a 600w psu even xD. That would be cutting it a little close though.

Lmao Alright, well thank you! :D

Lmao Alright, well thank you! :D

there's a reason people hang around here you know :P

I hang around for my own entertainment lol  :ph34r: and to occasionally help people.

there's a reason people hang around here you know :P

haha yup! That's why I always come here with my noob questions. Just confuses me why 290s say they need 750watts when I know they don't haha

the corsair gs700

Good PSU. If you're ever concerned about wattage and other details of PSUs, watch these videos by JayzTwoCents

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I watched those actually haha that's why I'm asking if the gs700 will be okay with my rig and over clocked

If he has an OC'd i7 and a beefy GPU OC'd as well as all the fans and stuff at 350 Watts, then I think you'll be more than fine at 700 watts with an efficient enough PSU.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Im doing a new build and im kind of a noob when it comes to PSU's  :mellow:

I know that GPU companies overkill the minimum wattage required for the card, but I am thinking about getting a 290 and cooling it with a closed loop cooler with NZXT G10 (obviously going to overclock).

Also in my build:

fx 6350 cooled by a 240m

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

8 gigs of G Skill sniper 2133 ram

Samsung 840 EVO

Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1tb HDD

and 8 sp120 fans give or take a few

(and plan on added a LED to my case in the future)

Could anyone help me out with this? If my PSU will be okay, ill stick with that and a 290 and if not, i guess i will unfortunately have to upgrade my PSU as well, or, get a 970.

The GS700 will be fine.