Pentium G3258 Overclock Not Working

Ok, here is my story. Basically, my dads computer upstairs broke down crying, and we needed a new computer. I offered to build him one, but he only will use Macs. So... I gave him my Mac Mini, and I got to build myself a PC. When looking for parts, I saw that the Pentium G3258 stacked up to even the intel i7 4790k, so I blew my money on a gtx 970, grabbed an Asrock z97 pro3, and this cpu so that I could overclock it. Well...... I have followed every guide, and in the uefi bios, it seems fine, but as soon as I open up Windows 8.1, and look under system, it says that it is running at 3.2 ghz. WTF? This is pissing me off and making me regret my decision. I need help. Please help this overclocking noob!

Are you sure you're saving the profiles, and moving up the multiplier not clockspeed?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Share a screenshot of your A-Tuning System Info page.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Do you still have your power saving settings on.

If so it could boost its self to your OC when under stress, try to prime it and see if the clock speed moves.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Check the actual cpu if all else fails to see if they actually sent you the right product.  Maybe the BIOS is reading it wrong.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

is the 3,2 ghz under load or in idle? run a benchmark and see if it clocks up...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Ok, but first I have a question... Do I have to enable this overclock or something? I mean, all the settings seem right, is there a button I have to press to apply it? I am currently just pressing save and exit. Also, what do you mean by "A-Tuning"?

Thanks for your help guys!

Altecice, would I turn that off in the BIOS, or... I don't know where else!

well the G3258 is only perform the same in gams as a i7.. then if you rly know how to oc, do the oc and press F10-enter. you also can do it by choosing the performance tab in uefi menu if im not wrong. must have eco. normal, performance or something like. or download the cpu-z and upload a ss of it.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Ok, but first I have a question... Do I have to enable this overclock or something? I mean, all the settings seem right, is there a button I have to press to apply it? I am currently just pressing save and exit. Also, what do you mean by "A-Tuning"?

Thanks for your help guys!

It's one of the programs/drivers you should have downloaded off of the website when first building it.

Looks like this:

992944abba.jpg

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

It is almost finished installing if you guys are wondering why it is taking so long...

Have you checked using CPU-Z?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It is almost finished installing if you guys are wondering why it is taking so long...

Wait, have you even updated the BIOS yet? Or any motherboard drivers...

I might have found your problem

The Grey Squirrel

I have updated some of the motherboard drivers, but I am too daft to update the BIOS... Could you please explain it to me in a way I can understand? Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much! 

Well, there is the screenshot... And yeah, it is running at 800 mhz because it isn't turboing

post-161889-0-88246100-1415722255_thumb.

Turn off turbo core, if you OC with it on it will Turbo up to that speed when needed, when Turbo core is off it will be at that clock speed.

Ok, here is my story. Basically, my dads computer upstairs broke down crying, and we needed a new computer. I offered to build him one, but he only will use Macs. So... I gave him my Mac Mini, and I got to build myself a PC. When looking for parts, I saw that the Pentium G3258 stacked up to even the intel i7 4790k, so I blew my money on a gtx 970, grabbed an Asrock z97 pro3, and this cpu so that I could overclock it. Well...... I have followed every guide, and in the uefi bios, it seems fine, but as soon as I open up Windows 8.1, and look under system, it says that it is running at 3.2 ghz. WTF? This is pissing me off and making me regret my decision. I need help. Please help this overclocking noob!

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

WTF 99C your temps are way to high and your running at 1.9volts!!

Well, there is the screenshot... And yeah, it is running at 800 mhz because it isn't turboing

--- CPU:  AMD A10-7850k --- Motherboard:  ASUS X88MPlus --- RAM:  G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 Dual --- GPU:  Integrated APU --- Case:  Aerocool Dead Silence Gaming Cube Case  ---

Holy shit what did you do OP?

You're lucky you got into windows and it didn't fry your PC. Not even goddamned AMD CPU's go above 1.555V.

The Vcore voltage is 1.4. That's still way too high. Please use CPU-Z and look at the voltage. Also, if you set Windows to High Performance, the CPU will remain at the Turbo frequency.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

WTF 99C your temps are way to high and your running at 1.9volts!!

Do Intel sockets not have a shutoff temp?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Sorry guys, it was glitching. I will post a new screenshot in a minute. Also, problem still not resolved.