Aegis Avenger inspired gaming PC.

TheDigitalRealm

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've posted on here, mainly due to my studying getting in the way. (I'm doing a two year Computing course in the space of a year).

Anyway, posting my completed build has been long overdue As it's been completed for a few months now. It's inspired by my first ship purchase in backing Star Citizen - the space sim currently being developed by Cloud Imporium Games. All that reall translates into is a black and white themed build (yes I know you've seen them many times before and the colour scheme is fading). This is going to be more of a showcase than anything else, so please let me know what your thoughts are and if you feel it's good enough to submit for the WAN show build log competition.

I'm not completely happy with it; there are still several issues with the layout that could have been done better, such as having a smaller reservoir to relieve strain on the tube going into the bottom radiator from it, and thus prevent the slight kink in the tubing. Also a few more 90 degree fittings to hide the tubing behind the case a little better and get rid of the large curve in front of the motherboard. The plasti-dip also didn't come out very well, but because it's white, the lighting makes it hard to see. There are some issues with the case too, the front panel push-clips are broken, so the entire front of the case must be removed to gain access to the front panel and dust filter; if anyone knows how to get replacements, let me know as I've filled their form in on their website many times, to no avail. Secondly, because the alphacool radiator screws have narrow, tall heads, they don't secure it to the case without a washer and the bottom dust filters can't clip in because the heads are in the way. Not a massive issue though, I can just get replacement screws.

Massive shoutout to pexon for sleeving nearly my entire power supply, it wasn't a straightforward job as the layout is very different from the likes of Corsair and it took a lot of work. As you can see it turned out great, Pexon feel free to use these photos as you wish.

Here are the specs:

CPU: i7 3770K @ 4.8GHz. (Max OC 5.1GHz)

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth w/ white thermal armour.

RAM: (2x8)16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 2200MHz CAS 10

GPU1: MSI R9 290X Lightning @ 1200/1600 (MAX: 1270/1665 for both cards)

GPU2: MSI R9 290X Lightning @ 1200/1600

SSD: 250GB Samsung 840

HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

ODD: Generic LG 26x drive.

PSU: Seasonic X-1250 1250W PSU.

FANS: 8X 120mm Swiftech Helix @ 1000rpm, 2x Stock Phanteks 140mm case fans and 1 Corsair AF140 QE.

FAN CONTROL: NZXT GRID w/ 7V fan speed reducers.

LIGHTING: Bitfenix Alchemy white LED strips (2x 30cm & 2x 12cm)

CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White

Water-cooling:

GPU BLOCKS: EK-FC R9-290X Lightning w/ EK-FC Terminal DUAL Parallel 3-slot

CPU BLOCK: EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ

FITTINGS: Monsoon white.

COOLANT: Ice Dragon nano-fluid

TUBING: PrimoChill Advanced LRT

PUMP: Alphacool D5 Vario pump (amazing pump - couldn't get the Swiftech variant here)

RADIATORS: 2 x Alphacool UT60 480mm x 60mm radiators

(There will be more images uploaded in a few minutes, but for now: Images: http://imgur.com/a/5Gl7l All of these photos were taken with my old Nexus 5 by the way, so let me know what you think of them.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It says album is empty :(

*drooling*

But there's no PSU? At least, I don't see the 24-pin connected...

*drooling*

But there's no PSU? At least, I don't see the 24-pin connected...

I haven't added the photos of the finished build yet, hang on buddy. My upload speed is roughly 0.35Mb/s so you'll have to bare with me. :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I haven't added the photos of the finished build yet, hang on buddy. My upload speed is roughly 0.35Mb/s so you'll have to bare with me. :)

I can somewhat understand the pain of that upload speed... I'll wait patiently...

I can somewhat understand the pain of that upload speed... I'll wait patiently...

The finished photos are all up there now. Enjoy :)

That is niiiiiiice!!!

Very clean, I assume you used plastidip for the Sabretooth?

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

The finished photos are all up there now. Enjoy :)

dat sleeving

dat watercooling

Are you using any LED lighting?

nvm

That is niiiiiiice!!!

Very clean, I assume you used plastidip for the Sabretooth?

Yes, spray on. That's another aspect I'm not happy with, the coating is far too thick - I made the mistake of buying a cheap can, which meant the nozzle was terrible quality and it came out in much thicker droplets than I'd like. I also didn't use the sand technique to help it stick to the RAM modules, but it still looks decent. 

Yes, spray on. That's another aspect I'm not happy with, the coating is far too thick - I made the mistake of buying a cheap can, which meant the nozzle was terrible quality and it came out in much thicker droplets than I'd like. I also didn't use the sand technique to help it stick to the RAM modules, but it still looks decent. 

I think it looks great, I might try something similar on a sabretooth someday...

someday

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

dat sleeving

dat watercooling

Are you using any LED lighting?

nvm

I remember taking a couple of night shots with it, I'll see if I can find them! 

I absolutely love the black & white colour scheme. That cable management on the back is pretty tidy, though.

I'd like to see this with side panels on. :3

And failing to act, for fear of the risk, is no different than a living death. No matter what world you’re in.

probably the cleanest build i have ever seen! looks great man keep it up!

Thanks! Should do me for the next year or so. I'd really like to move to X99 next year after I leave College and take a year out before University to work and travel. I'm hoping I can save up enough money to travel, build an X99 system and still have money saved for uni.