Paranormal events with Brownninja97:Stalled my cpu fan?

brownninja97

(PS READ IN A DRAMATIC VOICE)So about 5seconds ago i took the side panel off my case and the cpu fan was off, i shat myself and pushed it. IT DIDNT MOVE. I looked at the cpu temp and it was at 50oc. It stayed at 50oc. Then i realised I WAS ENCODING A VIDEO. The temperature increased, my body temperature also increased,and the ambient got colder. Anyways the temperature kept on increasing. I started playing some dramatic music(dw7 male roar) then i pushed the fan again and it began spinning again. My computer sustained no damn and thanks to the dell heatsink f the fan but yay to the heatsink. 

No cpus were harmed during this event(bullshit about 6 are dead).

Yes this is a true story.

Paranormal events with Brownninja97(this just happened but i can make it into a series and other are welcome to over react their simple stories)

Sponsored by Snickerzz.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Especially on the big Optiplex and Precision machines, those Dells have some big heatsinks on the CPUS

Horrifying story, especially when read with a dramatic voice, however... your CPU would throttle down and/or shut down completely before anything bad happened to it :P

Horrifying story, especially when read with a dramatic voice, however... your CPU would throttle down and/or shut down completely before anything bad happened to it :P

I was encoding a video at the same time, the bloody thing was being passive cooled at 3293mhz(3.3ghz yeah yeah). 

I got green lights all over the place which is nice.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

LOL i read it in the voic of patchy the pirate (the pirate dude from spongebob xD) i also rhymed it a little hahahaha

LOL i read it in the voic of patchy the pirate (the pirate dude from spongebob xD) i also rhymed it a little hahahaha

HHAHA good one.

Listen if you care.

I was encoding a video at the same time, the bloody thing was being passive cooled at 3293mhz(3.3ghz yeah yeah). 

I got green lights all over the place which is nice.

Yes well, it would still shut down to protect itself before anything happened. 

A not so horrifying experience from when I was overclocking my FX8150 - With Prime95 running, I entered the wrong voltage which was 1.575V instead of 1.475V I was meaning to enter... Result = 

shutdown within 3 seconds or so with Coretemp reporting 30*C -> 54*C -> 67*C ... Black screen.

I turned my computer back on and it worked without any issues. I know technically if I made this mistake again and again the lifetime of my CPU would go down due to the huge voltage running through if for the few seconds, not to mention the huge temp jump but yeah... if it's a rare accident then things like this shouldn't have any real effect since the CPU's are designed to shut down before damage occurs. 

Yes well, it would still shut down to protect itself before anything happened. 

A not so horrifying experience from when I was overclocking my FX8150 - With Prime95 running, I entered the wrong voltage which was 1.575V instead of 1.475V I was meaning to enter... Result = 

shutdown within 3 seconds or so with Coretemp reporting 30*C -> 54*C -> 67*C ... Black screen.

I turned my computer back on and it worked without any issues. I know technically if I made this mistake again and again the lifetime of my CPU would go down due to the huge voltage running through if for the few seconds, not to mention the huge temp jump but yeah... if it's a rare accident then things like this shouldn't have any real effect since the CPU's are designed to shut down before damage occurs. 

Paranormal events with bartekxx12. Time to shove 12v down a p4 and run before it blows someones house down.

Listen if you care.

Paranormal events with bartekxx12. Time to shove 12v down a p4 and run before it blows someones house down.

I'm not sure if a P4 has the shutting down before damage occurs feature :P If not, it might not be safe with me.

I didn't read it in a dramatic voice but I imagined the inception trailer song in the background for some reason...

Wut did I just read?!?!

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

have you tried turning it of and on again... 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

have you tried turning it of and on again... 

The computer works fine, the cpu fan wanted a break and once i pushed it a little then it got back up to speed.

Listen if you care.

Moved to air cooling.