Composite to VGA question

NeatSquidYT
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

No, if the device is outputting through composite, there is no way to make the image quality increase from what is sent out of the device to begin with.

Hi,

I'm looking for some way to make my PS2 look nicer on my 24" HDTV (I know right), but will a compositr to VGA adapter make it look nicer? I mean, it still carries the composite signal...

If you wanted to increase the "quality" you would have to use a different interface entirely or use software to "enhance" the video signal but as for changing the connector on the end it won't make a difference (might even make it look worse).

If you buy some component cables you can use this. You also have to have a FreeMCB PS2. http://theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/tools/ps2-hdtv-upscaler-xploder-elf-cracked-iso/

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

If you wanted to improve the image quality you would emulate your games.

Hi,

I'm looking for some way to make my PS2 look nicer on my 24" HDTV (I know right), but will a compositr to VGA adapter make it look nicer? I mean, it still carries the composite signal...

Doesn't work that way, the cleanest picture you're going to get with the PS2 is component. http://www.amazon.com/Component-A-V-Cable-Playstation-2/dp/B00005MDZD

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

But sometimes it doesn't work well.....

GT4 displays a bunch of white lines and stuff.....@1080i

I played GT4, and Tourist Trophy using component cables @1080i with no white lines, even using an scph30001 model.

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

I played GT4, and Tourist Trophy using component cables @1080i with no white lines, even using an scph30001 model.

I have the SCPH-77001 model...but it's probably my cables because they sometimes don't work well....

I have the SCPH-77001 model...but it's probably my cables because they sometimes don't work well....

My TV dosent have a component input.... I guess I'm gonna wait until I get Yivo, so then I can emulate all of my favorite games.