Are screen protectors still important if you have a cover?

So we all know that protecting our screens is important...But I think that the screens on mobile devices are good enough to not get damaged if you just use your fingers or maybe a stylus on them, the only things that can really damage them are let's say things in your pocket/purse/ect. like keys.

So if you have a cover over your device (like in the pics below) is it still a good idea to get a screen protector? I mean sure it doesn't hurt just to be safe, but ''good'' screen protector can cost quite a lot, and the foils and the cheap ones just don't have that nice feel when your using them... So what are your guys thoughts? I recently started thinking this, because I am buying a tablet and I'm gonna have a cover for it, so I didn't really know if I should get the screen protector or not.

post-3194-0-83117700-1415645092.jpg

post-3194-0-20444000-1415645230.jpg

I have neither and my last phone was pristine after a full year of use.

I mean, even if you get one, surely both is way overkill :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I'd still use one, so you have a layer of protection when you're actually using the device, and an extra one when the cover is closed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Well, yes, if you have a screen protector on, it makes the glass less likely to shatter, it's why whe carrying glass, you have that plunger thing on the glass. Screen protectors work in the same way.

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm not worried about my screen in my pocket, I'm worried about it if I drop it. If I have a flip cover and drop it face first while it's open.... I'd still want a tempered glass screen protector to be on my phone.

"Rawr XD"

If you drink a lot, I don't think there's a limit to how much protection to your phone is necessary.

I have an expensive screen protector and an inexpensive but big thick phone cover, thus, I drink a lot.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

If you drink a lot, I don't think there's a limit to how much protection to your phone is necessary.

I have an expensive screen protector and an inexpensive but big thick phone cover, thus, I drink a lot.

Hahahaha  :lol:  Well said.

i dont use screen protectors if my screens get scratched and broken i don't deserve the device.