Moto X (2013) vs. HTC One (M7)

Evil Genius Jr.

I'm looking to upgrade my dieing Galaxy S3, but I am not eligible for upgrade pricing yet so I am going to buy a phone off contract from either swappa or ebay. I have to stay with verizon. I've narrowed it down to the original moto X and original HTC one. As far as I can tell the HTC one hardware is much better but the Moto X has stock android going for it. I also prefer the button location of the moto X. 

Anybody have any inputs on which device would be better? Thanks!

Why not get a nexus 5 they are cheaper compared to other phones.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I'm looking to upgrade my dieing Galaxy S3, but I am not eligible for upgrade pricing yet so I am going to buy a phone off contract from either swappa or ebay. I have to stay with verizon. I've narrowed it down to the original moto X and original HTC one. As far as I can tell the HTC one hardware is much better but the Moto X has stock android going for it. I also prefer the button location of the moto X. 

Anybody have any inputs on which device would be better? Thanks!

Design and build quality M7 hands and feet down

Fluidity and user experience Moto X :D

Why not get a nexus 5 they are cheap compared to other phones.

It doesn't work on verizon's network. I would if I could but I am tied to a family plan for verizon.

You could get a M7 and then flash a ROM  that makes it stock android.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I had a HTC One M7 and it is fantastic apart from two points:

- Battery Life is poor, If you forget to charge it overnight the next day your going to run out no matter what.

- Camera maybe better than some phone cameras in low light but in every single other way the camera is crap.

So for those two reasons I'd go with the Moto X. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I had a HTC One M7 and it is fantastic apart from two points:

- Battery Life is poor, If you forget to charge it overnight the next day your going to run out no matter what.

- Camera maybe better than some phone cameras in low light but in every single other way the camera is crap.

So for those two reasons I'd go with the Moto X. 

Moto x, reviewers said it doesn't have a good camera.

well then get lg g2

I have lg g3 is good device but has a pointless resolution which impact on battery life. Also it benchmarks lg g2 beats it.

Moto x, reviewers said it doesn't have a good camera.

Its quite a bit better than the M7s. My mate has one and it destroyed my M7 for picture quality!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Thanks for all the input guys! It appears the g2 also satisfies my criteria.

G2 is good option. go for it I was you and then i would flash a rom to make it stock android and more like a moto x.

G2 is good option. go for it I was you and then i would flash a rom to make it stock android and more like a moto x.

I've been doing research and it appears flashing non stock roms on the verizon version of the G2 and One are a no go due to a locked down bootloader.

I have a verizon Moto X 2013, and I love it! It specs may not be that impressive on paper, but you certainly wont notice a difference in performance due to the near stock version of android and the 720p resolution. Overall I would likely recommend it over the HTC one m7 unless you really want HTC's boomsound speakers, or some of the HTC features.