2560x1600 monitors

Sauber-C10

What are the best 2560x1600 monitors on the market at 27+ inches, preferably i want something sleek with great colour reproduction and a very bright backlight and excellent contrast with brightest whites and darkest blacks, also i'd like good viewing angles and i have no preference to either a matte or glass display, want something with a 5ms response time (its average)

5ms response time won't happen.

from what I recall when I looked them up about a year ago.

dell has u3007, u3008, and u3011(I think there's a u3013 but I haven't looked into it)

HP has lp3065 and zr30w

and then there's a NEC and apple display

apple was the only glossy panel I saw.

the Dell u3008, and u3011 has scalers that cannot be bypassed, increasing input lag to around 30-40ms.

the dell u3007 and neither of the hp has scalers at all so the input lag was around 10-20ms.

I don't recall much on the NEC and apple display but I don't think they have scalers. someone correct me.

with the scalers on the dell, it allows a much greater variety of connections, hdmi, vga, even composite i think.

without scalers you only have display port and duallink-dvi.

I went with a lp3065, and don't regret it.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

A response time of over 10ms is unacceptable for me, don't get me wrong I'm not looking for the fastest response time in the world but 30ms is taking the piss

Response time are meaningless. They are gray to gray measurements with no standard. That means that the manufacture picks 2 gray color of their choice, even the same one, and sees how fast the monitor does at refreshing. If you have to check in depth review of monitors to know how fast the monitor is.

Example, Dell U2410 6ms response time, IPS panel with 1920x1200 vs ViewSonic TN panel 1ms response time, 1920x1080. ViewSonic is expected to be faster. I mean it is a TN panel afterall, 1ms resposne time, and lower resolution.

TFTCentral measures:

viewsonic_vx2739wm.jpg

dell_u2410.jpg

Yea, as you can see the ViewsSonic ends up being a bit slower than the Dell U2410.

Anyway, my recommendation is the Dell U3011. It fits way more than your needs (there isn't many options for 30inch, and this one is the best value for your money).

-> pre-color calibrated Adobe RGB and sRGB color profiles with calibration report. So you'll get stunning colors

-> Color processor and Look UP Table. Plays a part in providing you'll get stunning colors

-> H-IPS panel. Sharp image, 178 degree view angle in ALL directions. So no mather where you sit or are (beside behind the screen), you'll perfectly screen your screen

-> SUPER bright. I have the smaller brother: U2410, and my brightness level is at 0%. The default 50% burns my eyes. So yea.. bright!

-> High grade CFL for providing true whites, avoiding tinting colors and grays and whites looks grays and whites. No blue tint.

-> Metal stand and metal mechanical system for easy adjustment, and 0 wobble

-> 0 bright pixel warranty and 6 dead pixel or more warranty coverage (one of the best consumer policy around), No zones, No distance.

-> If anything is wrong with the monitor, Dell ships you a replacement model while you get to keep your monitor. Once you receive it, you just swamp them. And in the box you'll see a pre-paid shipping label, just stick it above the old one, and call the appropriate mail carrier company to come and pick it up. That means that shipping is paid BOTH directions for you. You DEFINITELY do NOT want to pay shipping for such huge monitor, let alone find a box for it, if you got rid the box or damaged it, which is a big problem with other manufactures

-> The monitor uses a true 10-bit panel per channel (30-bit total), providing you with 1.07 billion colors, over DisplayPort (limitation of HDMI and DVI doesn't allow 10-bit colors at this resolution). So if you have the hardware and content (you have the hardware, but not the content) you can enjoy all these colors.

-> Media Card reader, and 4 port USB hub (2 on the side, and 2 on the back).

-> 2x DVI ports, 2x HDMI 1.2 port (1080p max), 1x DisplayPort, 1x VGA, and 1x Component set inputs. So you can plug anything you want.

-> 1:1 pixel matching. That means, you can set an input of lower resolution that you receive on the monitor to keep it's aspect ratio, or not scale at all, or full screen. You pick.

-> Picture-in-Picture support

-> Full matte.

Worth every penny.

Note: Rumor suggest that in February (add 2-3 months before it comes to Canada), Dell will release a new 30inch monitor. Leak info suggest:

-> U3014 it will be called

-> Inputs are not confirmed. Probably component is out, DisplayPort updated to 1.2 but it doesn't mater. HDMI MIGHT be updated to 1.3 for higher than 1080p support, but as most laptop HDMI ports and content is stuck at 1080p max, I don't see why Dell would pay the super high royalty fees to update HDMI (newer the version of HDMI, higher the fees)

-> Less aggressive matte screen (many consumer don't have a proper desk, so the monitor is way too close to them, and the brightness is way too high. Resulting in seeing the matte film, and complain. People with a proper setup have no problems)

-> AH-IPS LG panel (a bit better contrast over H-IPS, but nothing crazy)

-> GB-LED backlight (Green, Blue, LED with red phosphore to output true white). This reduces power consumption, all by keeping true white. A huge problem with white-LED monitors that output a cold white color. RGB-LED is the best, where you have Pure red, green and blue LED's put very close to each other to output true white. This is very costly back light only found on select professional grade monitors. GB-LED is the second best solution to it, high-grade CFL is equally good, but consumes much more power, then the rest, and finally white-LED which are more blue LED's, than white.

-> USB 3.0 hub

Best reply to a topic i've ever seen, thanks for your help but i think i'll hold out for the Dell U3014 based on the specs you've told me, thank you!

Yes, if it's like the newly released (not yet in Canada) U2713M (not to be confused with the U2713HM), then it will quiet promising, and would be worth the wait. If you allow me to be picky, the only downside of the U2713M, and expected the U3014 to be the same over the U2711/U3011, is that the stand arm (just the arm) is no longer in solid metal, it's plastic but fortified with metal if I am not mistaken. So, still solid product. Beside the metal arm was a bit excessive to be honest. So, just a minor downside.

Hmm, for the price you pay for them though there should be no plastic used for the bezel and stand, here they cost £600, i mean c'mon the technology and image may be very good but for that price they shouldn't be using cheap plastics, aluminium stands and bezels could be used and look so much better in my opinion, however they should keep the matte screen, also they should make the screen bezel less for use in multi-monitor setups, kinda sucks how big companies don't listen to consumers at all really, but oh well just having a little moan, thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Doesn't Samsung have anything good by now?