Any Recommendations

Also, Dual channel RAM. Quad channel will be terrible for upgrading/performance. Plus, you have a bigger risk of doa sticks.

not making sense here. since dual channel will work with the same performance with 2 sticks or 4 sticks of ram.

16gb of ram will be plenty for a long time , since operating systems are getting more optimized to use less ram.

but i agree tho with you that 2 x 8gb will be better then 4 x 4gb, since there will be less heat.

The more video cards you add...the more latency you will introduce.

not to mention that not all games support multiple gpu's & the heat & power consumption.

pi = 3.14159262358979323846

Arc Mini

Intel

Nvidea

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/14tGo

could add a small custom loop

earlier you mentioned a second 780, that fits into that build nearly,  ends up being ~2200$

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

A 690 is 400$ more for 5% more performance I would rather go with a 780 and possible SLI down the line

One powerful GPU is better than two.

The more video cards you add...the more latency you will introduce.

He understands.

He understands

Still 690 is not worth the extra 400$

Still 690 is not worth the extra 400$

Since you actually care about price/performance, get something close to the first build I posted.  If not, you'll be a Logan hypocrite, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to disappoint him.

a 690 is 2 gpu's, for the power it has, a 780 would be better.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Since you actually care about price/performance, get something close to the first build I posted.  If not, you'll be a Logan hypocrite, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to disappoint him.

Having Logan as my profile pic doesn't mean anything, so stop bringing it up

a 690 is 2 gpu's

Technically, yes, but on one card.

actually , it's 1 physical gpu.

No. It's one card. Two GPUs. And I believe they're on either side of the card.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Having Logan as my profile pic doesn't mean anything, so stop bringing it up

Nah, I'm good.

But since you actually care about price/performance, get something close to the first build I posted.  If not, you're still a hypocrite.  :p

Nah, I'm good.

But since you actually care about price/performance, get something close to the first build I posted.  If not, you're still a hypocrite.  :P

Like I said I do not want an AMD CPU and a 780 is better price to performance than a 770, also a 550w isn't enough if I want to SLI

No. It's one card. Two GPUs. And I believe they're on either side of the card.

by gpu , i was referring to 1 card, i guess my hands didn't type card instead they typed gpu and i didn't notice it.

but anyways we both were saying the same thing.

pi = 3.14159262358979323846

a 780 is better price to performance than a 770

Uhm. No it's absolutely not.

The G3D Mark / $Price for a 770 is 16.63 while the 780 stands at a terrible 11.57. That's worse than BOTH the 7970 and the GTX 680. (respectively 13.00 and 13.55)

DON'T READ THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE

You little rebel.

The pro has a 5 year warranty, and has 560mb/s reads and nearly 540 mb/s writes,

i think the non pro has something like a 3 year warranty and like 530mb/s read 390mb/s write

that's a pretty good difference for like 80$ extra :s

It's not about the sequential read/write speeds but the random read/write speeds for an ssd that's not for storage. 

That means the speeds in iops--specifically the random read speeds.

The Samsung 840 pro and non pro are pretty close in performance when it comes to this. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.