Upcoming Corsair 250D build: 80mm fans?

Hey,

Building this little beast as soon as the case & motherboard arrive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ykYLf7

(Yeah, the 660 80+ Plat is overkill for a 980, but it was on sale + electricity in Alaska is spendy.)

I'm just curious if 80mm fans exhaust air well enough. I'd like to populate the two exhaust slots of the 250D, but unsure of which brand to go with. I know Noctua makes 80mms, but at 15 bucks a pop they're kinda pricy for 80mm fans. Something to go with the aesthetics of the build (red/black) would be great.

Any fan gurus out there?

Thanks!

@Shrake907 I think Noctua have a nice petite solution for their 80mm range of fans. Be Quiet has one as well if you check out their product listing.

NF-A8 PWM | NF-A8 FLXNF-A8 ULN

I'd drop the Seasonic 660w and get a Antec EA-650 Platinum save you about 30-40 dollars.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

@Shrake907 I think Noctua have a nice petite solution for their 80mm range of fans. Be Quiet has one as well if you check out their product listing.

NF-A8 PWM | NF-A8 FLXNF-A8 ULN

I'd drop the Seasonic 660w and get a Antec EA-650 Platinum save you about 30-40 dollars.

Hmm, yeah I was considering Noctua. Be Quiet looks nice too.

I picked this PSU up for 99.00 from a NewEgg promotion a few weeks ago.

Found bequiet silentwings in 80mm format.

dont think if exhaust is really needed if the air pressure is positive anyways.

~Straw

The 250D comes with a 140mm intake, I do have a spare 200mm Cooler Master one I could put in there instead. The H80i Radiator might be too thick for this case, hm...

Hmm, yeah I was considering Noctua. Be Quiet looks nice too.

I picked this PSU up for 99.00 from a NewEgg promotion a few weeks ago.

Ahh I see :) that must've been a sweet deal than. Be sure it fits though, wouldn't want you to return it because of incompatibility of fitting in properly.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Ahh I see :) that must've been a sweet deal than. Be sure it fits though, wouldn't want you to return it because of incompatibility of fitting in properly.

Yep! The Corsair 250D has a little basement and from what I've seen you can fit pretty much any PSU down there. :D