I Need advice for fans to a 212 evo. Im upgrading to the 760k And i want a proper cooling.

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Il keep that one in mind.

This is pretty much my plan to testing the 212 evo.

1. testing with the stock fan and maybe without any fan.

2. test the Aerocool ds 120.

3. test the NF-F12.

Im mainly going to look at the temps and clocks i can reach.

It'd be great to have the results posted in the Member Reviews section--there aren't many AeroCool DS reviews that compare to several other fans and the 212 Evo is a great platform for testing what is advertised as a static pressure oriented fan.

Im probably going to upgrade my system a bit towards christmas.

Im aiming for a Athlon 760k and the 212 evo
The Athlon 760k since i already have a fm2 motherboard and it is dropping in price now when the 860k has launched.
The 212 Evo becouse i dont think i have heard anything bad about it and it is in the right price-range.

I want to buy 2 fans for the evo to replace the stick one But i dont know which ones,
Im thinking about a pair of blue Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm becouse if the lights and they are pretty cheap But i have not heard much about them
Or a pair of Cooler Master Blade Masters 120mm But i have not heard about them either.

If there is any better fans for CPU heat sinks in about the same price range or cheaper id rather have a pair if them.

This is how my rig looks right now.. It is pretty much the defenition of a ghetto rig.
Im going to get a new case and remove all the Ghetto solutions and replace them with better stuff But Right now a new CPU is the priority since it is getting behind in most games now. IM going to remove the red LED's and replace them with blue ones if i get hold of some for free.

post-58487-0-69062100-1415471026_thumb.j

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Well.. A response from Someone would be nice..

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Well as the Cooler Master page says : 120mm Fans

http://eu.coolermaster.com/nl/cooling/hyper-series/hyper-212-evo/

Click specifications

That doesnt answer anything, The 2 types of fans i have in sight comes with 120mm versions,

I want to know if they are good and if there is something better within the same pricerange or cheaper, I already know the specs of the evo.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

That doesnt answer anything, The 2 tyoes of fans i have in sight comes with 120mm versions,

I want to know if they are good and if there is something better within the same pricerange or cheaper, I already know the specs of the evo.

They are not good. I recommend 1 good fan instead of 2 OK fans. Good fans include

Ap123

Aerocool ds 120

Nb e-loop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It doesn't make sense to buy 2 new fans, because after buying a 212 EVO and 2 new fans, you've spent $50 when you should just buy a better CPU cooler in the first place.

If you want, you can buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, and add a 2nd fan such as the Cooler Master Blade Master 120($8-$12).  The stock fan that comes with the 212 EVO is still very good.  The Blade Masters are also very good.  I use them throughout my case, very underrated fans.  The sickleflows are not good though.  They are stupid loud.

Lastly, if you live in the US, wait for black friday/cyber monday as there will probably be even better CPU coolers for sale around $30-$50.

Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 comes to mind.  It has been on sale for $30 in the past, and it is a much better looking and performing CPU Cooler.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

They are not good. I recommend 1 good fan instead of 2 OK fans. Good fans include

Ap123

Aerocool ds 120

Nb e-loop

I quite like the AeroCool ds 120, It looks good and aint much more expensive than the Sickleflow and blademaster here in sweden.

It doesn't make sense to buy 2 new fans, because after buying a 212 EVO and 2 new fans, you've spent $50 when you should just buy a better CPU cooler in the first place.

If you want, you can buy a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, and add a 2nd fan such as the Cooler Master Blade Master 120($8-$12).  The stock fan that comes with the 212 EVO is still very good.  The Blade Masters are also very good.  I use them throughout my case, very underrated fans.  The sickleflows are not good though.  They are stupid loud.

Lastly, if you live in the US, wait for black friday/cyber monday as there will probably be even better CPU coolers for sale around $30-$50.

Be Quiet! Shadow Rock 2 comes to mind.  It has been on sale for $30 in the past, and it is a much better looking and performing CPU Cooler.

The 212 evo costs about 350 SEK Or about 50 USD here in sweden

The Shadow rock costs roughly 500 SEK or 90 USD here in sweden,

And there is close to never any good deals within tech that is still relevant.

I can pick up a pair of sickleflows or blademasters nearby for about 70 SEK or about 10 USD

But il keep the Blademaster in mind when i get around to upgrading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are the Corsair AF120 High Pre 120mm and the Noctua nf s12b Redux 1200? are they better than the Coolermaster BladeMaster and/or the Aerocool ds 120?

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I quite like the AeroCool ds 120, It looks good and aint much more expensive than the Sickleflow and blademaster here in sweden.

I can pick up a pair of sickleflows or blademasters nearby for about 70 SEK or about 10 USD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are the Corsair AF120 High Pre 120mm and the Noctua nf s12b Redux 1200? are they better than the Coolermaster BladeMaster and/or the Aerocool ds 120?

THe redux and the Aerocool would be the best. Not sure how they compare.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Honestly man, if you are willing to buy 2 new fans for a 212 EVO, just buy a more expensive CPU Cooler.  The performance difference from buying 2 new fans is minimal.  If you really want, buy a 2nd fan, the Blade Master 120 and use it with the stock 212 EVO Fan.  They are practically the same fan anyways.  This will be the best price to performance option for you.  Buying more expensive and multiple fans is redundant because if youre willing to spend that much extra money, might as well kick up to a better CPU Cooler to begin with that will give you much better performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Ok, I atleast know that those two are the best of them, 

Honestly man, if you are willing to buy 2 new fans for a 212 EVO, just buy a more expensive CPU Cooler.  The performance difference from buying 2 new fans is minimal.  If you really want, buy a 2nd fan, the Blade Master 120 and use it with the stock 212 EVO Fan.  They are practically the same fan anyways.  This will be the best price to performance option for you.  Buying more expensive and multiple fans is redundant because if youre willing to spend that much extra money, might as well kick up to a better CPU Cooler to begin with that will give you much better performance.

The budget is not much of a concern for me, Money come and go anyways.

Im more intrested at seing how good the 212 evo can perform rather than trying to push the budget as low as possible.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

The redux line fans are all either optimized for open airflow or general use and not static pressure. The s12b in particular doesn't have much static pressure and is for non-restrictive areas.

The Aerocool DS is quite expensive and there are probably cheaper fans that are just as good. 

Ok, I atleast know that those two are the best of them, 

The budget is not much of a concern for me, Money come and go anyways.

Im more intrested at seing how good the 212 evo can perform rather than trying to push the budget as low as possible.

The stock 212 Evo fan already performs pretty well. You won't get that much more performance without just getting a better cooler.

Something like a TC12DX wouldn't be a bad option: http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1590231

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Something like a TC12DX wouldn't be a bad option: http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=1590231

It wouldnt be a bad option,

But id rather see how much performance i can squeeze out from the 212 evo for around the same price.

I upgrade my PC more to see how things work and how they fit together rather than getting the best budget. 

Thats why i bought a APU in the first place, To see how it performs.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

It wouldnt be a bad option,

But id rather see how much performance i can squeeze out from the 212 evo for around the same price.

If you're changing up to something like a NF-F12, you can get several lower degrees: http://www.pctreviews.com/2012/04/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-fan-review.html

Anything else that isn't obnoxiously loud will probably net lower performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The redux line fans are all either optimized for open airflow or general use and not static pressure. The s12b in particular doesn't have much static pressure and is for non-restrictive areas.

The Aerocool DS is quite expensive and there are probably cheaper fans that are just as good.

The stock 212 Evo fan already performs pretty well. You won't get that much more performance without just getting a better cooler.

It's only like 18$..

It's only like 18$..

It's quite a bit more expensive than similarly performing Akasa Apaches/Rosewill Hyperboreas or the Cougar Vortex. 

http://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/zardon/aerocool-ds-dead-silence-fan-120mm-and-140mm-review/4/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6391/120mm-radiator-fan-roundup-part-2-fan-harder/6

If you're changing up to something like a NF-F12, you can get several lower degrees: http://www.pctreviews.com/2012/04/noctua-nf-f12-pwm-fan-review.html

Anything else that isn't obnoxiously loud will probably net lower performance. 

1. testing with the stock fan and maybe without any fan.

3. test the NF-F12.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

1. testing with the stock fan and maybe without any fan.

3. test the NF-F12.

It'd be great to have the results posted in the Member Reviews section--there aren't many AeroCool DS reviews that compare to several other fans and the 212 Evo is a great platform for testing what is advertised as a static pressure oriented fan.