project cars keyboard steer?

Prokart2000
Go to solution Solved by Prokart2000,

nevermind fixed it!

hi guys

when i play project cars, the steering is SO unresponsive and takes ages for the wheel to turn.

Does any one know a fix for this 

(im using keyboard)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

If you don't want a wheel, i'd get a gamepad.

Keyboard steering sucks in all racing games.

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram

If you don't want a wheel, i'd get a gamepad.

Keyboard steering sucks in all racing games.

im getting a wheel at xmas, but using the keyboard for now, is there a fix?

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

im getting a wheel at xmas, but using the keyboard for now, is there a fix?

you can have fun with the settings, with steering deadzone and stuff, but gettin a £15 xbox wired controller would be a good idea

honestly, I have an xbox and I was like " I like playing racing games on xbox on controller, lets try the same with PC"

The crew got so much better after that :)

you can have fun with the settings, with steering deadzone and stuff, but gettin a £15 xbox wired controller would be a good idea

honestly, I have an xbox and I was like " I like playing racing games on xbox on controller, lets try the same with PC"

its only a month, so there is no point

Spoiler

its only a month, so there is no point

it comes handy at other games as well(shitty console ports)

nevermind fixed it!

Spoiler

how do you play a "SIM" game with a keyboard?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

hi guys

when i play project cars, the steering is SO unresponsive and takes ages for the wheel to turn.

Does any one know a fix for this 

(im using keyboard)

Wait... How are you playing Project Cars? It hasn't been released yet and there isn't any demo available (that I'm aware of)...  :huh:

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Wait... How are you playing Project Cars? It hasn't been released yet and there isn't any demo available (that I'm aware of)...  :huh:

How you ask.....He visited his Uncle...named Torrentz

(Maybe not, but maybe)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

How you ask.....He visited his Uncle...named Torrentz

(Maybe not, but maybe)

typed how to get it on youtube, not a torrent just mega (i am buying it when its out)

Spoiler

I've found the steering in that game just kind of sucks no matter what you're using right now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

• 2 months later...

Some help you all are... Someone asks about fixing keyboard steering and the response is the typical "you should be playing with gamepad or wheel"? lol

I for one am interested in how he fixed this, and I don't see him reply on how he did it :(

As for that whole keyboard steering, its all about skills! I've managed to race fluently in some very hardcore simulators in the past and all other racing games (including arcade and semi-arcade semi-simulation racers) and do just fine to be able to even go up against the game on hard AI. Which is saying a lot for a keyboard. Even done the same for Superbikes X. What preference each player has is beyond the point. Simply state that you don't know. Stating the obvious (gamepad and steering wheel) does not help with fixing the problem.

Some are not in the mood to always play with gamepad and stearing wheel, others might feel like chilling out on a work break on the game (try pulling a steering wheal and gamepad out of your bag at work) others simply don't have access to them for whatever reason and do not want at the time being to spend their cash on getting new ones. Whatever the reason, it is beyond the point.

Of course racing games with keyboard are mostly unplayable (by most) so thank you guys for stating the obvious O.o It takes a lot of skill and years of practice to be able to enjoy racing games with a keyboard, but there are those of us that for whatever reason (well in my case I was little, loved racing games, and my parents simply didn't want to get me a pad and definetely not a wheel, pulling a PC and a console each year out of them was enough I guess) and so I made do and yeap, I am used to playing with keyboards.

So please, if anyone has an answer that actually helps on how to fix this unresponsiveness can they write it down? I am having the same issue and it is annoying :(

At first I thought it was an issue with the game I am playing (Project Cars) because on the Mclaren the keyboard works fine and I am having fun racing with it and burning up rubber. Soon as I go to start on a smaller class (Renault Cup for those knowing about the game) it becomes so unresponsive I can barely drive. So I thought it was an issue with the game. Now I see others have the same issue, so how do I fix it? :(

found it (after like 20 mins of more searching). Its the speed sensitivity aaaall the way at the bottom. Too high and it starts becoming unresponsive. Dropping it to something more convenient for the keyboard works. Awesome! Just raced my first career races and finally the keyboard is performing the way it should.

about pCars..... that game alone is worth buying a driving wheel. Now I'm thinking about it again. If its this fun with keyboard I can only imagine the steering wheel :)

Where can you find a £15 XBOX Controller, everywhere I live its $30 (£25 equivalent) 

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

• 4 months later...