Capture card vs pcie capture card vs programs

C.G.F.Sabre

so I was wondering which one would be better and leave  the smallest performance hit with the best quality. 

Honestly, if you've got unused CPU horsepower when gaming, which if you've got a decent system is fairly likely, just use a program to capture. Otherwise, you're more likely to make use of stuff like shadowplay or a capture card. Still, using a program is the simplest and cheapest option, provided you have decent hardware.

Honestly, if you've got unused CPU horsepower when gaming, which if you've got a decent system is fairly likely, just use a program to capture. Otherwise, you're more likely to make use of stuff like shadowplay or a capture card. Still, using a program is the simplest and cheapest option, provided you have decent hardware.

That is what I have been doing, but  I am on a laptop and it gets pretty maxed out when i play games.

You have a 4690K so Intel Quick Sync Video and OBS would be the best method as it's free and gives you the same quality as a capture card.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Shadowplay is awesome.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

That is what I have been doing, but  I am on a laptop and it gets pretty maxed out when i play games.

Hmm, so just to confirm, you have your desktop in your signature that you game and capture on, and then you have a laptop as well that you want to game and capture on?

If capturing footage on your desktop is fine with a program, then for your laptop I would recommend getting an external capture card, I believe the AVermedia Live Gamer Portable should be your best option, but there are probably others out there.

Unless, you don't need something portable and you can hookup your laptop to your desktop's PCIE capture card, then you could go for something like that, but I don't know your exact situation and setup you have/want to do.

Hmm, so just to confirm, you have your desktop in your signature that you game and capture on, and then you have a laptop as well that you want to game and capture on?

If capturing footage on your desktop is fine with a program, then for your laptop I would recommend getting an external capture card, I believe the AVermedia Live Gamer Portable should be your best option, but there are probably others out there.

Unless, you don't need something portable and you can hookup your laptop to your desktop's PCIE capture card, then you could go for something like that, but I don't know your exact situation and setup you have/want to do.I d

I dont know how to change the name for it. so but that is what i am planing