Your FPS mouse sensitivity?

Tr33

You realize the high rated players exceed 33%? I also know they play with over 16 inches per 360 (most in the 20's).

Source: My PS2 outfit includes one of the former top teams, and more of the top players from BF3 comp.

17% is pretty average, mine is 24.7% but i need a new mouse pad!

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

You realize the high rated players exceed 33%? I also know they play with over 16 inches per 360 (most in the 20's).

Source: My PS2 outfit includes one of the former top teams, and more of the top players from BF3 comp.

You know I don't really care?

I do just fine on 4 inches. But ima keep this pad for a while. Should I go back to my 400 DPI setting?(2 whole mouse pad swipes from left to right for a 360).

I think whatever feels good on the pad is best. The biggest trick is using your arm in sweeping motions for mundane motions, while still using wrist for pixel sniping aim. It's not easy, but nothing at a high level ever is, right? Just give it time, match your 360 to at least the size of your pad and work from there. Grab a bigger pad when you can and keep lowering sens. You will amaze yourself as you suddenly start to make shots with regularity that are pure montage quality.

Used a fairly high dpi setup until I stepped up into competition, and quickly realized that low dpi/sens was a very common factor among the top players.

You know I don't really care?

Just trying to pass good knowledge to help my fellow gamers improve. Good to know people enjoy staying at low pub level :)

Just trying to pass good knowledge to help my fellow gamers improve. Good to know people enjoy staying at low pub level :)

Is this meant to be an insult?

Is this meant to be an insult?

More like a fact, unfortunately..."You know I don't really care?"

Boggles my mind how people are accepting of stagnation instead of improvement. This is for all walks of life.

I think whatever feels good on the pad is best. The biggest trick is using your arm in sweeping motions for mundane motions, while still using wrist for pixel sniping aim. It's not easy, but nothing at a high level ever is, right? Just give it time, match your 360 to at least the size of your pad and work from there. Grab a bigger pad when you can and keep lowering sens. You will amaze yourself as you suddenly start to make shots with regularity that are pure montage quality.

Used a fairly high dpi setup until I stepped up into competition, and quickly realized that low dpi/sens was a very common factor among the top players.

Well to be honest when I used to use low sensitvity(for a couple days) my accuracy was constantly increasing. That is nice but I guess if I want to go back to that again I need to change my playstyle. Its stupid to play agressive as I play with a low sens.

BLAOW!!!!

Well to be honest when I used to use low sensitvity(for a couple days) my accuracy was constantly increasing. That is nice but I guess if I want to go back to that again I need to change my playstyle. Its stupid to play agressive as I play with a low sens.

Yeah, the biggest barrier for me was that I suddenly felt like I was "working" by having to move my arm so much, but you really get used to it.

Yeah, the biggest barrier for me was that I suddenly felt like I was "working" by having to move my arm so much, but you really get used to it.

Yea. One BIG issue I have is at that sensitvity I want to put my mouse in the middle of the mousepad and use the whole pad are(at such a low sens every mm  counts) and while that might seem easy to do I have to move my laptop left a lot(because when the pad and laptop are too close to each other I bump my mouse into the laptop while swiping left) and when I move the laptop my monitor moves too(since laptops are keyboard and monitor in one). If I had a PC, keyboard and mouse seperatly there wouldnt be that problem. So basically I can use low sens but it will cause me to have my display a little left from my Line Of Sight which sucks

BLAOW!!!!

Yea. One BIG issue I have is at that sensitvity I want to put my mouse in the middle of the mousepad and use the whole pad are(at such a low sens every mm  counts) and while that might seem easy to do I have to move my laptop left a lot(because when the pad and laptop are too close to each other I bump my mouse into the laptop while swiping left) and when I move the laptop my monitor moves too(since laptops are keyboard and monitor in one). If I had a PC, keyboard and mouse seperatly there wouldnt be that problem. So basically I can use low sens but it will cause me to have my display a little left from my Line Of Sight which sucks

Haha, I feel your pain as far as space is concerned. Picked up playing with my keyboard in my lap to accommodate the big pad :P

Haha, I feel your pain as far as space is concerned. Picked up playing with my keyboard in my lap to accommodate the big pad :P

I have everything on my desk. But uurgh it sucks! Makes me not want to get into low sens gaming again because of all the constant adjustments(i take out my gear and laptop but then put it away and then always take it out again its not constantly out as I have to stduy and do other stuff)

BLAOW!!!!

like 4800 DPI + medium sensitivity in the game, 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Boggles my mind how people are accepting of stagnation instead of improvement. This is for all walks of life.

For a fact, I'm happy with the way I play, I don't take things too seriously in games, however the last sentence was an insult, an insult to my intelligence, past events and future decisions that I am yet to make, let alone all of the people who are below me in games, as I am often top of the leader board.

For a fact, I'm happy with the way I play, I don't take things too seriously in games, however the last sentence was an insult, an insult to my intelligence, past events and future decisions that I am yet to make, let alone all of the people who are below me in games, as I am often top of the leader board.

Take it easy both of you.....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Being stagnant in a game has nothing to do with real life. Gaming is about entertainment, not competition (unless someone makes it so). To each his own. If he's having fun his own way, he doesn't need to do anything different.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Take it easy both of you.....

I have made no direct or indirect comments to infallday, I am simply expressing my opinions towards his comments.

That last sentence was not directed at you, but a show of exasperation for our society, but you seemed to feel it. You try to defend yourself by saying you're still top of the leaderboard on a low-skill level game like it's a good thing to run such a ridiculously high sens and your own posted low accuracy. A game like BF3 is more about positioning because of the kid friendly low ttk. Congrats, you can camp better than the other guy. Step into a REAL fps with that 17% hit rate and you're dead, even with the first blow. You feel the need to reply quite often for not caring, m8....

That last sentence was not directed at you, but a show of exasperation for our society, but you seemed to feel it. You try to defend yourself by saying you're still top of the leaderboard on a low-skill level game like it's a good thing to run such a ridiculously high sens and your own posted low accuracy. A game like BF3 is more about positioning because of the kid friendly low ttk. Congrats, you can camp better than the other guy. Step into a REAL fps with that 17% hit rate and you're dead, even with the first blow. You feel the need to reply quite often for not caring, m8....

I am replying in defense to your statements as they are often incorrect. I will no longer have a say in this matter as you are not worth of my time as you try to elevate your position when you have had no reasoning or proof, you are a bigot, good day.

I am replying in defense to your statements as they are often incorrect. I will no longer have a say in this matter as you are not worth of my time as you try to elevate your position when you have had no reasoning or proof, you are a bigot, good day.

A bigot, lol. You have nothing more to say because it's not amateur hour and you know nothing on the subject.

A bigot, lol. You have nothing more to say because it's not amateur hour and you know nothing on the subject.

Hey I just went back to my low sens setup(400 DPI- 12.6 inches for a 180) so that means from left to right on my pad I do a 180. I couldnt get used to it anymore as I have been in the past but once I placed my mousepad in a good position on the table and my arm and hand and mouse were all in the middle it was much better. I am even getting better at close range with it because of this. I think I will perhaps keep this and maybe get the qck+ or qck mass because this qck might be wron out( i have no clue how to find out if it is) and it's a wee bit  too small I guess.

BLAOW!!!!

So, very high percentage have lost their way in FPS due to false advertising from the mouse manufacturers. I would have hoped on a tech forum people would be better informed, but this is not the case :( I really think that this is one of the reasons high skill fps games are dying, and trash scrub 1 sec ttk games with random recoil (read:ultra low skill ceiling) like BF and CoD are becoming the norm.

400-800 dpi (17-30 inch 360 depending on the game).

Just to save making a new thread and you look like you know what you're talking about :)

With high inches/360 FPSing are you leaving your elbows on the desk and moving the mouse around? I find it hard at even ~9inch/360. Guess it takes some getting used to. Should I gradually reduce sensitivity or just go low straight away?

And how do you easily set it up so each FPS you play has an equal inch/360?

Any help'd be appreciated! Cheers

Just to save making a new thread and you look like you know what you're talking about :)

With high inches/360 FPSing are you leaving your elbows on the desk and moving the mouse around? I find it hard at even ~9inch/360. Guess it takes some getting used to. Should I gradually reduce sensitivity or just go low straight away?

What is you current sensitvity? What is your playstyle? Judging by what you answer I can reccomend you a good range of sensitvites that would fit you.

BLAOW!!!!

I use my arm to move with any sweeping motions (such as turning around or looking up), and it's quite the hassle at first, but quickly becomes second nature. I guess my elbow is down outside of having to see straight up or down. Sweeping motions with the forearm work well to pull quick 180's so my elbow is more of a pivot for most things.

As for keeping sens even, I keep 500 dpi on my mouse as standard as I can and adjust in-game until I find a good spot. Best way to do this is to line yourself up with a corner and just measure how much distance your mouse covered.