Corsair CX750m fan upgrade?

Dubesta11

First of all, is it possible to replace a PSU fan and not break the warranty? And how does it work with the system already in place? I would probably go for a Noctua fan.

Edit: Or a really good idea of getting an LED fan...

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

If  you manage to open the shroud without damagin the sticker, then no, no warranty void. As for the fan, I'm not sure how it is connected to the powerboard (since the connector is different) but I have seen people doing it in the past.

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

Oh shit.... that would be such a dope upgrade. I have that PSU and its the loudest thing in my system. I can't believe I never thought of doing this.... If you do it, take some pictures and post them. I would love to do something like this.

No ,it would void the warranty since there's a sticker.

The sticker is on the chassis itself, not the fan screws. I'll mess around with it tomorrow (Have about 20 games downloading overnight).

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Oh shit.... that would be such a dope upgrade. I have that PSU and its the loudest thing in my system. I can't believe I never thought of doing this.... If you do it, take some pictures and post them. I would love to do something like this.

I will! Just have to check what I am dealing with tomorrow and seeing if its worth the break in warranty :)

A nice red LED fan... 

The Grey Squirrel

you cannot access the fan without removing the PSU shroud (warranty sticker protected)

removing the fans screws will loosen the fan grill, but the actual fan is under the shroud.

once shroud is removed, disconnect the fan from the header, transfer the connector to

the new fan and reverse assemble. but if you need to RMA the PSU, it will be denied.

I will! Just have to check what I am dealing with tomorrow and seeing if its worth the break in warranty :)

A nice red LED fan... 

Your best bet would be to remove the fan and put a resistor in its place. Chances are, it doesn't have a normal 3 or 4 pin fan header inside. I'm also willing to bet that it won't turn on if the fan is removed, hence the resistor. Then, just put in the new fan and run the cord out to a fan header on the motherboard. That would be my approach at least.

you cannot access the fan without removing the PSU shroud (warranty sticker protected)

removing the fans screws will loosen the fan grill, but the actual fan is under the shroud.

once shroud is removed, disconnect the fan from the header, transfer the connector to

the new fan and reverse assemble. but if you need to RMA the PSU, it will be denied.

So its not possible without removing the casing? I don't think I would bother. Possibly in a year when it goes out of an RMA period.

The Grey Squirrel