Happy N7 Day! - Bioware Dev Roundtable Stream @ 13:00 PST on Twitch.

Scionyde

http://www.hngn.com/articles/48578/20141106/mass-effect-n7-day-live-stream-developers-hold-event-to-discuss-future-of-franchise.htm

For all you Mass Effect fans out there, Happy N7 Day! Hopefully we'll get some more details about the next game in the franchise today. I know the original ME3 ending was terrible and the extended cut ME3 ending was barely adequate, but the Citadel DLC was great. That at least gives me a small measure of hope for Bioware producing something good.

I know the original ME3 ending was terrible and the extended cut ME3 ending was barely adequate

It was not half as terrible as people make it out to be......

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

They need to just release a new ME "3" and make the ending good this time.

Just saying, got half way through the game, learned that nothing you do in the previous 2 has any effect on anything, got super pissed and stopped playing, refuse to finish it.

It was when you thought that having "perfect" playthroughs on the previous 2 would be the only way to get a "perfect" ending, instead of them just throwing it all away and saying "it doesn't fucking matter, you lose, humanity dies"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just saying, got half way through the game, learned that nothing you do in the previous 2 has any effect on anything, got super pissed and stopped playing, refuse to finish it.

You got half-way through the game, therefore robbing you of hours of fantastic gameplay over 30 minutes of gameplay that is not up to par?

How about seeing the ending for yourself? Also bioware may have stated that everything will have an impact but really now, people need to stop being short-sighted. In the final battle you throw everything you have in one massive assault and you still expect that helping Mr. X get his thermal stabilizers will have an impact on how you finish it?

Didn't think so. Yes the ending could have been more refined but christ if I had a dollar everytime someone says the ME3 ending sucks without a proper argumentation for it I would be the richest man in the world right now

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

"As Mass Effect 3 is the end of the planned trilogy, the developers are not constrained by the necessity of allowing the story to diverge, yet also continue into the next chapter. This will result in a story that diverges into wildly different conclusions based on the player's actions in the first two chapters." -Casey Hudson

What we received instead(in the original ending) were mildly tweaked cutscenes under a different color filter. As far as I'm concerned, Casey Hudson's utterly false statement alone justifies consumer anger.

That's not to mention the plot holes in the ending, demonstrating a clear misunderstanding of the Mass Effect universe. Apparently nobody at Bioware raised a hand and said "Um, guys? Destroying a Mass Relay obliterates the star system it's in. You realize that having the Crucible destroy all mass relays kills most life in the galaxy, thus condemning the few survivors to a slow death."

But whatever, it's been two years since ME3. There have been more cogent arguments than mine, so if you haven't been convinced already, there's no point debating it now.

I never liked any of the Mass Effect games.

*Gets up and runs*

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I never liked any of the Mass Effect games.

*Gets up and runs*

FILTHY HEATHEN. :angry: RUN DAMMIT.

You got half-way through the game, therefore robbing you of hours of fantastic gameplay over 30 minutes of gameplay that is not up to par?

How about seeing the ending for yourself? Also bioware may have stated that everything will have an impact but really now, people need to stop being short-sighted. In the final battle you throw everything you have in one massive assault and you still expect that helping Mr. X get his thermal stabilizers will have an impact on how you finish it?

Didn't think so. Yes the ending could have been more refined but christ if I had a dollar everytime someone says the ME3 ending sucks without a proper argumentation for it I would be the richest man in the world right now

It sucked because absolutely nothing in the previous to games mattered, in the end, no matter what you do, you lose.

The games started out being about choice, and about playing how you wanted to play and having your decisions effect the ending you get, and they abandoned that and made the entire premise of all 3 games a giant middle finger.

It sucked because absolutely nothing in the previous to games mattered, in the end, no matter what you do, you lose.

The games started out being about choice, and about playing how you wanted to play and having your decisions effect the ending you get, and they abandoned that and made the entire premise of all 3 games a giant middle finger.

Since I know you are just as adamant when it comes to holding an opinion as me I will not continue the discussion any further :P

i loved mass effect 3. Lot's of great, rewarding moments. I didn't like the ending Either But that doesn't change the fact that i had a great time playing the game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole ME series and have played through several times with all the DLC missions. The ending really didn't bother me that much. I'm sure some of you have heard the saying; "It's the journey, not the destination...". That's how I see the ME series.

Really cool to see there new information surfacing about ME4. Curious to see what direction hey take on this. Talk about big shoes to fill, though. Expectations of the fans and followers are going to be pretty high...

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Since I know you are just as adamant when it comes to holding an opinion as me I will not continue the discussion any further :P

Hey if you enjoyed it that's fine, I'm just saying I thought they just "phoned it in"