Lets get this Computex Giveaway going!!

brat137

So right now the average is a bit short of 18000 (from Days 1-4, D5 is still 301+) This isn't really good enough because I want that computer. :P

However this leads us to a problem known in Microeconomics as the freerider problem. This is where people expect everyone else to watch the videos and share them so they don't have to worry about it. Clearly the issue being if everyone does this then the video will not get the high view counts we all want!!

If you haven't entered the Giveaway yet then check out Linus' post here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21586-huge-computex-giveaway-sponsored-by-wd-and-steiger-dynamics/page-224#entry311513

So if you have watched the videos already, GREAT, but I'm sure you missed something so maybe you want to go back and watch it 1 or 2 more times :) Then why not share it on your facebook, twitter, tumblr, anything that you can. Obviously noone wants to spam everything but why not just share the playlist. Even if gathers just one more view per share then it will make a difference. Now I believe the average views will be calculated on the 1st July (competition ends 30th June) so we have about 3 weeks to do this.

So even if you only do it once more, go click on them again. Mute them if you just want to look at the Computex Girls ;)

Lets win me that Computer. It could be you that wins it too so it is worth watching them to help yourself as well as me, the rest of the forum members and Linus, Slick, Diesel, B-roll and NG. (or whatever if his nickname is)

We can do it guys!! :D Cheers!

So right now the average is a bit short of 18000 (from Days 1-4, D5 is still 301+) This isn't really good enough because I want that computer. :P

However this leads us to a problem known in Microeconomics as the freerider problem. This is where people expect everyone else to watch the videos and share them so they don't have to worry about it. Clearly the issue being if everyone does this then the video will not get the high view counts we all want!!

If you haven't entered the Giveaway yet then check out Linus' post here:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21586-huge-computex-giveaway-sponsored-by-wd-and-steiger-dynamics/page-224#entry311513

So if you have watched the videos already, GREAT, but I'm sure you missed something so maybe you want to go back and watch it 1 or 2 more times :) Then why not share it on your facebook, twitter, tumblr, anything that you can. Obviously noone wants to spam everything but why not just share the playlist. Even if gathers just one more view per share then it will make a difference. Now I believe the average views will be calculated on the 1st July (competition ends 30th June) so we have about 3 weeks to do this.

So even if you only do it once more, go click on them again. Mute them if you just want to look at the Computex Girls ;)

Lets win me that Computer. It could be you that wins it too so it is worth watching them to help yourself as well as me, the rest of the forum members and Linus, Slick, Diesel, B-roll and NG. (or whatever if his nickname is)

We can do it guys!! :D Cheers!

The problem for me is I dont have facebook or twitter or tumblr:( But I have had to go back and review every video because I somehow missed something:)

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

lol i want it to but don't keep your hopes up because i have entered in about 13 computer giveaways to this date and haven't gotten anything and the chance of winning is sooooo slim i would recommend just save up and buy it yourself.

lol i want it to but don't keep your hopes up because i have entered in about 13 computer giveaways to this date and haven't gotten anything and the chance of winning is sooooo slim i would recommend just save up and buy it yourself.

Don't worry I have a good PC and am not looking to upgrade. I am also under no illusions of the limited chance I have of winning even if we do unlock the prize. The giveaway thread has nearly 4500 replies which is easily over 10000 entries but it would be awesome for anyone to win the PC and you have to have the prize unlocked to even have a chance. So watch and share and like and watch again.  :D

Same. I have 3 video game giveaways in a row once....On twitch. But there where only about 30 people watching but still the odds... 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

well .. let's say 10000 people enter the competition more or less ..  you have entered 13 giveaways? well lol i guess you see how high the chance of winning is .. 

O and dont forget the NCIX exclusive coverage!

BUMP for current average on the 6 videos: 14167.3

SO we currently haven't even unlocked the first prize.... :S Even if you think there is no point in the competition because you feel you can't/won't win you can surely see that the more view Linus gets on the purely promo stuff from the show the more likely he is to get similar deals and better deals for other shows. Next years CES, Computex maybe even things like PAX or E3.

All need to do is have each person who entered to watch all six videos each day until June 30th and we'll be way over our target. Mission complete.

Just wanted to say... if not for the competition, share them because they are pretty damn good vids. I tried to watch all linus' and slick's videos from computex and so far not one was bad. Pretty amazing :)

Oh, I've shared the videos, and the link to the main giveaway thread. Once the whole event is on a single playlist, I plan on sharing the entire playlist. I've watched them all at least three times (definitely not for the girls, though; the objectification of women is terribly offensive and I'm sure everyone here is above such small-minded behavior  :) ).

I'd like to win, sure, but I'm going to keep promoting the vids (without being spammy) to increase the chances of a really great prize for whoever does win!

I've watched all of them about 4 times. Just a question: does clicking the video immediately count as a view, or do you have to watch a certain amount? If it's the former, we could easily get it with some furious F5'ing.

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

remember to watch from different IP address's as it only counts one view per IP

you are not meant to really do this but there is a cool little plugin for chrome and firefox called reload every... refreshes the page every 5, 10, 30 seconds or anything your want... so open the videos in separate tabs, mute your browser and keep reload every one for a few hours. if 5 people do this for 24 hours at 5 second intervals for each video linus will have over 150,000 views per video at least. C'mon guys, even if you just watch the content again one more time, or mute and look at the girls it will help everyone!

Also, definitely like the videos and post comments, that boost them up in the youtube search, so if somebody searches for a WD Product, the chances are, that they will watch the Linustechtips videos.

Someone get out the list of proxies and the youtube bots, haha

Well, I've watched them all and will continue to do so, with an auto like extension installed. I've done my part, and I believe I should be qualified to win :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Does anyone know how the view counts work, if i left the playlist on all day on my computer thats folding would the views count, or is it just one count per ip address per day or something.

Just added another 5 views to every video.

What I don't get is how can Linus have more than 300k subs and still only manage this low viewcount? If you're not watching the content, then why sub?

I suppose alot of people sub for convenience, if they like one or two videos they saw this one time, and they want to remember the channel maybe for future reference.  I know i do it sometimes.

Plus, dead subs.

I'm just a soul who is up to no good.

Average increased by 800 so far today despite the 6th video getting around 3000 more views. Shows despite the time left the amount of work needed to get those targets.