Need help with a power supply

Matt_oc6

I need help picking a reliable and efficient power supply for my new build:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/RLZcNG

Part picker is telling me the estimated wattage is 388W and the Cooler Master calculator (http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/) is recommending 442W

I was wondering if it would be alright to go with a 450W PSU like the Cooler Master V450 or if I would be better off going for a 500W or 550W PSU.

I'm also open to suggestions for alternative PSU's in the same price range

I need help picking a reliable and efficient power supply for my new build:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/RLZcNG

Part picker is telling me the estimated wattage is 388W and the Cooler Master calculator (http://www.coolermaster.outervision.com/) is recommending 442W

I was wondering if it would be alright to go with a 450W PSU like the Cooler Master V450 or if I would be better off going for a 500W or 550W PSU.

I'm also open to suggestions for alternative PSU's in the same price range

Do you mind if I change some parts of your build? I'll link you to a video or two that goes over why I changed some of your stuff. Might just explain others.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

That's definitely within my budget. I can afford to spend a bit more if there's anything that's noticeably better available.

For the build that I posted above would a 620W PSU be necessary or would it be possible to go with a 520 or even 450?

That's definitely within my budget. I can afford to spend a bit more if there's anything that's noticeably better available.

For the build that I posted above would a 620W PSU be necessary or would it be possible to go with a 520 or even 450?

450W is enough. But the 620W version is the same price as the 540W version, so why not. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'm open to changing some parts

I would go for Windows 8. 7 is going to be outdated very soon. 

New Build

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($127.00 @ Centre Com) 
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($125.00 @ CPL Online) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($132.00 @ Centre Com) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($77.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($245.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($75.00 @ CPL Online) 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($10.00) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($115.00 @ CPL Online) 
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  ($18.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case Fan: Cougar Vortex PWM 70.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($19.00 @ CPL Online) 
Case Fan: Cougar Vortex PWM 70.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($19.00 @ CPL Online) 
Total: $1112.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-07 13:39 EST+1100

I changed the CPU because of this video.
I added fans because you want some cooling.
I changed to Windows 8.1 because 7 gives you a bit less performance and Classic Shell (free) can give you all of the Windows 7 features with Windows 8 speed.
Used the CX500M because, when the Core i3 eventually becomes "not enough", you'll still have room for an i7k.
Changed the price of the optical drive because you can find them for a (US) dollar at some shops around here. Get one used for sure.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thanks, I'll definitely be going with windows 8. I hadn't even noticed that I hadn't changed it yet. How would the i3 hold up for rendering videos and using programs like Adobe After Effects?

Thanks, I'll definitely be going with windows 8. I hadn't even noticed that I hadn't changed it yet. How would the i3 hold up for rendering videos and using programs like Adobe After Effects?

The i3 is not going to be as good as the i5. If you can afford the i5 get it. 

But the i3s are very good CPUs because of the 4 threads.