Evga 480 GTX SC Getting dusty. Any takers?

Cupitor

I have a 480 thats been gathering dust for a few years...I feel it's a waste and wouldn't mind giving it to someone who needs it. I'd prefer if It'd go to someone who'd use it for things other than (just) gaming; FAH, content creation for work or something.

I'll take photos when I get home...

I'm a bit miffed 'cause I gave my old build (haf case, 12GB ddr3, antec 1200 watt PSU+a 670 FTW EVGA FTW...my friend has a daughter in H.S., who does editing but can't afford a computer so I gave the mom+daughter the build (i7-920/rampage II MOBO)+non oem windows 7 ultimate...

That was more then a year ago and they haven't bothered to do shit with it.

So you can understand my reservation re: want the 480 GTX to go to someone who'll use it.

It's in excellent condition, never OC'd, box/stickers etc...needs a good home.

Again, I'm not asking for any $$$, I feel like an idiot as it's just hanging out in a closet.

Ty

Why dont you sell it

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

@Cupitor

Where are you located?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I get more satisfaction outta giving stuff like that away. If it were a 780 or something I'd sell it, but I don't need the $.

I read the threads here- Lotsa ppl are getting 970/980s SLI etc...but for every one of those, there's someone working with a 2 core/Nvidia 2XX or earlier GPU. Fer those ppl...

MEEEE

I currently run off of a GTX 620, which is basically the HD4400... Even flash games crawl!

I cry :(

oops. It's a 470 sc!

See! I didn't even remember it was a 470!

Pics:

post-50756-14152756876169_thumb.jpgpost-50756-14152756975345_thumb.jpgpost-50756-14152757086596_thumb.jpgpost-50756-14152757184406_thumb.jpg

Still has the plastic sheet on it!

;_;

You can use it as a PhysX dedicated card if you have another PCI-e slot.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I have a GPU but it is b bit old older than this one. I could use it but it will do me good in gaming only.

MEEEE

I currently run off of a GTX 620, which is basically the HD4400... Even flash games crawl!

I cry :(

I like ur profile (music/photo etc)

I realize it's a weird thing kinda and don't want to make a big stink about it (like a contest). Easiest for me if the person is in n-America (hate post office!)

It's getting late here (6am!) I'll check thread later today and pick someone quick (again, don't want it to seem like a contest, it's not)

BBack later 2day folks

I have a GPU but it is b bit old older than this one. I could use it but it will do me good in gaming only.

I live in Europe and that probably will be a problem.

Still has the plastic sheet on it!

holy sheet thats impressive... sorry :/

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I like ur profile (music/photo etc)

I realize it's a weird thing kinda and don't want to make a big stink about it (like a contest). Easiest for me if the person is in n-America (hate post office!)

It's getting late here (6am!) I'll check thread later today and pick someone quick (again, don't want it to seem like a contest, it's not)

BBack later 2day folks

Wait, is or is not in America? Didn't quite catch that :D

And it's fine if you choose someone else; I'll make it ;)

I have a friend who wants a really budget computer so he can create content, he's getting a budget computer and I think this would help Him a lot

Can i ask why on the box and card it says 470?

(misspell?)

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Can i ask why on the box and card it says 470?

(misspell?)

From post above:

"oops. It's a 470 sc!

See! I didn't even remember it was a 470!"

Demonstrates how much I use(d) the card.../sarc. Again, this is why i prefer giving it away opposed to selling it. If I can't even remember it's a 470 vs 480...

Anyways, I'm in MO. I did consider (longtime ago) using it as a dedicated Phyz-X card, but the 400x gen gtx cards run hot...I use a single msi Lightning 780 (Hynix) that'll last me. It OCs +300 core +500 mem on air.

My other computers are really large MP3 players/xp media machines (single core awesome-ness).

Anywho, the cost of shipping it across the pond seems a dubious endeavor...I've had too many things end up busted. I'll go fed x or something, they pack things well.

Kinda wanna send it to whomever with in a week...or I'll forget about it.

I do know it works well for the Mercury Engine (adobe Premiere). The scrubbing is night and day+the differences between a 470 or 275 or 570 are marginal at best /w premiere...at least when dealing with 1080p 4-2-0. Editing 4K? Don't think so!

Someone who lives in N. America would be easiest+less chance of mail-hi jinks.

I like the poster (young/low on funds) who mentioned music/photo etc...prob do that if in N America.

Hmmmm. Time to figure out how to pm ppl.

Found someone here to sent it 2

(Dead thread)

Found someone here to sent it 2

(Dead thread)

:D