Back To The Future Build

innisviviers

Seeing a recent video of an actual hover board on Youtube got me thinking about one of the most iconic movie franchises of our time, or at least my time, being an 80's baby and as soon as I have some funds after selling my last build, I'm going to build a system capable of generating 1.21 Gigawatts of power!

This of course means I'll have to go nuclear and get my hands on Plutonium (which we still can't buy in the corner drug store).

Just in case those reference went over your head, I'm of course talking about a Back To The Future build.  Here are some initial ideas, generous modding will be required and I'm still playing around with the idea of doing a minimalist, sleek build, or go all out with the retro led displays to monitor temperature etc. No decision on internals yet, but a side window to show off the Flux Capacitor will be cut into the side of the case.

I hope I can start this soon, just have to sell the X99 I recently finished.

- Case will be a Cooltek UMX1 - brushed finish to match the Delorean

- Flux capicitor will either be made by hand or I'll just cannibalize the charger from Thinkgeek.com

- DMC Emblem as a case badge

post-152680-0-85299100-1415272316_thumb.

post-152680-0-61938800-1415272318_thumb.

post-152680-0-39931600-1415272518.jpg

post-152680-0-56462100-1415272519.gif

Personally I like my PCs as powerful and as sleek looking as they can be, without any badges and flashing stuff, but if you are able to do something great with that - hats off to you.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Interesting.....I think. :huh:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

sounds awesome.  I love that case.  Looks like a modified Apple G5 case which is one of my favorite all aluminum cases.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Looks like some fun, will watch this one !

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

The G5 could actually be an option. Turns out the UMX1 has no expansion slots so it's out, but the UMX2 will do. I'll take a look at a G5 too though, could be cheaper to modify as they sell for next to nothing these days.