Bethesda Has Filed Trademarks for "Fallout: Shadow of Boston" AND "Fallout: Ultimate Collection" in Europe

EChondo

And this has been confirmed fake by Bethesda;

fLl2MOT.jpg

Thanks Shinigamikai for the link: http://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-confirms-fallout-4-trademark-filing-is-a-hoax/

Fallout: SoB: https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/013401691 & https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/marke/registerHABM?AKZ=013401691&CURSOR=5

Fallout: UC: https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/013401682

Now, don't get too excited, as there are already huge amounts of speculation surrounding this, some are speculating that this might be for a comic series since Bethesda hasn't filed anything in the U.S.(AFAIK).

Others are speculating that Fallout: UC might be Fallout 1 through New Vegas in a collection like they did with The Elder Scrolls.

I won't get excited about Fallout 4 until I see Bethesda actually announce it, there's been too many rumors going around.

Dis track?  Jesus christ why'd we even fight a war?  - Ron Cadillac

I won't get excited about Fallout 4 until I see Bethesda actually announce it, there's been too many rumors going around.

Oh yeah me too, just thought I'd post this here so others can see. Was really skeptical about Survivor 2299 when it first came around, knew it was too good to be true. Hopefully if Fallout: SoB is real that they don't say anything about it until they are ready to show it off!

at least they didnt file for "Fallout: Online"

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

TBH Bethesda have disappointed me massively. In the docu for Fallout 3 they say, and I quote -

"The game is now ours and we can do whatever we like with it"

Or words to that effect that are extremely similar, if not verbatim.

And what do they do? exactly what the last owners of the franchise did. Get hold of the license, own the game, then go quiet for five years.

Yes, the world needed Skyrim but since Fallout 3 all they have done is buy up other companies and become a cold uncaring corporation that only cares about licensing games and not giving people what they actually want. All very reminiscent of EA and the Need for speed : Underground franchise.

And we, as gamers, suffer. It's fooking big balls BS IMO.

They ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

at least they didnt file for "Fallout: Online"

They already have that, it's called Fallen Earth.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

TBH Bethesda have disappointed me massively. In the docu for Fallout 3 they say, and I quote -

"The game is now ours and we can do whatever we like with it"

Or words to that effect that are extremely similar, if not verbatim.

And what do they do? exactly what the last owners of the franchise did. Get hold of the license, own the game, then go quiet for five years.

Yes, the world needed Skyrim but since Fallout 3 all they have done is buy up other companies and become a cold uncaring corporation that only cares about licensing games and not giving people what they actually want. All very reminiscent of EA and the Need for speed : Underground franchise.

And we, as gamers, suffer. It's fooking big balls BS IMO.

They ought to be fucking ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, they own the franchise, so they can do whatever they want with it. Bethesda acquired licensing rights back in 2004 and then started development for Fallout 3, and it didn't release until 2008. That's a development time of four years. When it was Obsidian's turn, they reused most of Fallout 3's code, and they had a development cycle of 18 months(1.5 years). Honestly it showed immensely how different the games can be with different lengths of development cycles. Fallout 3 had a great open world and adventures, but lacked in the story a bit in my opinion while New Vegas had a great story, but lacked in the world aspect.

Skyrim was next on the list for Bethesda, which came out in 2011 and three expansions ending in 2012. It's only been 2-3 years from Skyrim's end of development, so realistically we shouldn't be expecting another Fallout game until 2015-2016 if they follow their dev cycle from the last one. Or possibly they are licensing the IP out to Obsidian again, which I doubt since they have Pillars of Eternity releasing next year.

Look, I agree with you to a certain extent, but being ashamed of what exactly? And Bethesda hasn't been acquiring companies, their parent company has, Zenimax. Which does make use of the developers they acquire;

Id Software, acquired in 2009 by Zenimax, the only game we were expecting from these guys was a new Doom game which hasn't even been announced yet, also Rage that was released in 2011 was announced way back in 2007, so a 4 year dev cycle. Also the big figure heads of the company, John Carmack primarily, left for bigger and better things. 

Arkane Studios, acquired in 2010 by Zenimax, released Dishonored in 2012(great game by the way) which was announced back in 2010, so it had a dev cycle of 2. Prey 2 was canceled due to not meeting quality standards, which this game has been thrown around to different developers for a while, supposedly even Obsidian did some work on it until it was scrapped. Prey 2 was announced in 2011, so 3-4 years of a dev cycle there.

Tango Games, acquired in 2010 by Zenimax, this company is based in Japan and was founded by the guy behind the Resident Evil franchise. The Evil Within was announced in 2012, but since the company was founded in 2010(before the acquisition), we can assume the dev cycle is 4 years.

MachineGames, acquired in 2010 by Zenimax, founded in 2009 before the acquisition and they just released their newest(and only game) Wolfenstein: The New Order, so a dev cycle of 4-5 years.

Battle Cry, founded in 2012 by Zenimax, which just announced their newest game set to release in 2015. So 3 year dev cycle.

I don't know what you expect from developers, but good games take years to make. You won't be seeing anything new from the 5 developers I mentioned above for YEARS to come, maybe except for Id. If Bethesda follows their usual dev cycle, we shouldn't be hearing about the next Fallout until 3 years after their latest release, then another year, possibly two if they need to delay, before they release another game.