Tips For Moving Out?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so me and a few friends (3 to be exact) are working out a plan to rent an apartment together and share the cost as rent divided by 4 is very affordable. I have never lived "on my own" or basically not with one of my parents and I was just wondering any tips those of you who do have for me and important things to consider. Obviously financial is important but I've got that pretty locked down. I'm mostly looking for any other advice you may have.

(In case you care about my reasoning I just think its important life experience to have and prepares me more for the real world and having responsibility. I don't hate living with either of my parents.)

Don't waste money. And if your not ready to move out and you still need guidance then don't move out. 

Don't trust anyone make sure your valuables are LOCKED up with a physical lock

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Don't waste money. And if your not ready to move out and you still need guidance then don't move out.

I'm pretty good at wasting money when I have no responsibilities. Which is why this is a good experience. I also have never had much guidance so that isn't something I'll be missing out on.

Don't trust anyone make sure your valuables are LOCKED up with a physical lock

Oooo that's a good one :o I didn't think of that.

Get the food situation figured out pronto.

I have issues with eating so I really only buy food as I need it and don't have much of a set plan. Not really able to go grocery shopping.

Don't do it if you have any doubts. Because it'll go to shit and you'll hate your decision if you do things the wrong way, or move out too soon.

Also, buy a safe and keep valuables in it; and call people out if they don't clean up or respect your stuff - don't just tolerate other people's blatant disregards.

Lock up your computer. Physically. We don't want no one taking your stuff.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

set up some rules u cant be a slob

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Hey guys, so me and a few friends (3 to be exact) are working out a plan to rent an apartment together and share the cost as rent divided by 4 is very affordable. I have never lived "on my own" or basically not with one of my parents and I was just wondering any tips those of you who do have for me and important things to consider. Obviously financial is important but I've got that pretty locked down. I'm mostly looking for any other advice you may have.

(In case you care about my reasoning I just think its important life experience to have and prepares me more for the real world and having responsibility. I don't hate living with either of my parents.)

Learn to cook.  It will save you so much money it's unbelievable.  Keep your part of the apartment clean so roommates don't have anything to complain about.  Just because you're moving out, don't piss off your parents.  You never know when you'll need them for something.  Other than that, I learned most of what I know from this book.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Everyone on here is so tight up. Honestly, if you don't hate your family and your house, take your time, and don't move in with people you cant trust. If you can't leave your shit laying around them, I wouldn't move in with them because you'll be living with them. You'll most likely be at work all day, so just do what you do at home. If you don't already buy your own food and car insurance and shit, then total that up before you get your first few bills and freak out. 

Always have backup money. I have heard of many times when someone just quits paying rent.

Also don't feel ashamed to apply for foodstamps or its there for a reason and can help alot.

Keep valuables locked away or hidden.

Buy food wisely better to buy meals then snacks.

Best of luck