The Small Perks of Technology

KemoKa

Give us your stories/examples of places and times in your life when you love how a certain piece of technology does something in one of those really quirky ways.

For instance,

My house is wired for electricity very weirdly, and because of this, whenever I turn on the lights in my bedroom, it creates a small fluctuation in the house's grid, not enough to blow a fuse or turn something off, but just enough to lightly nudge my computer (which is sleeping when I get home) awake. So I come into my bedroom, turn on my lights, and my computer is ready to rock straightaway without me even sitting down.

I have my monitors configured with my lights, so they're plugged into a power strip in the top outlet so whenever I turn on my light/fan my monitors turn on.

Also, my monitor has been its fair share of flights of stairs (my old asus one that is) so whenever I turn it on it makes weird purple-ish colors for a few seconds, but then goes right back to normal once it finishes powering on

//ccap

i fixed a 60s rotation phone, a 97 laptop with mmx core 64 mb ram and installed win xp along with a laptop of 2000 with pentium 3 and 128 mb ram . Does that count?

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

google wallet saved me from starving to death when i left my wallet at home :D

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Well, Cherry MX switches are a small plus.

>doesn't get the thread

>makes a shitty joke

Well, Cherry MX switches are a small plus.

>doesn't get the thread

>makes a shitty joke

That post gave me the cancers...

I like how my PC warms my room up in the winter.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

My PS3 would turn my TV on with it, so that was always cool. Or maybe it was my Xbox 360, cant remember, it was long ago.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Just knowing that google can tell me what time it is when the clocks go forward/backward. :D

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

My PS4 and my monitors have the same Sleep/Wake LED light color and tone. As well as the same kind of glossy black plastic.

Also, I really like the sound of my HDD when it wakes up, while the computer is on. 

And because google now is good for when you are driving, it is very useful when you are playing ETS 2.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Google now helps me in class when I need to search stuff really quickly...

I prefer small and perky. 

... if this means what I think it means, then I agree.

Well, It kinda both made my money and spent it all.

Not so much a tech perk, but I can rest my phone on my.. well... you know the two things... when I'm in bed. Dont have to hold it when watching linus streams :)

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Not so much a tech perk, but I can rest my phone on my.. well... you know the two things... when I'm in bed. Dont have to hold it when watching linus streams :)

I thought you were a guy for a sec and I was about to

*slowly closes laptop*

And then I looked at your profile and then decided fair enough. I concede, that is one useful use for a chest that I had not thought of...

Well, It kinda both made my money and spent it all.

yeah i can do that too

ooh god im fat

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I concede, that is one useful use for a chest that I had not thought of...

xD. Yep.

Sometime's i'm really glad to be female, but I guess I owe the phone holders to my parent's genes.

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

Well... Like for a lot of people here, PC acts as a heater during winters... I guess that counts?

In the former house we lived in this "feature" was useless, as the radiator under the window was at the max heating 24/7 all year around (why?). In this current house though, my room's radiator doesn't seem to heat much, so the extra heat from the PC is appreciated.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.