What's a pressure driver?

thewafflemaster
Go to solution Solved by ManWithBeard1990,

I've done some more googling because I wanted to know as well. Apparently what it means is that there's a dynamic driver outputting into a box with a passive diaphragm at the other end. The only advantage I can see of this is perhaps better bass with a tuned port, but probably more important marketing-wise the appearance of a bigger driver.

As the titles says. I know what a driver is, but not specifically a pressure driver. 

Read the LTT Beginner's Guide; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

Isn't all sound a pressure wave, and therefore all drivers are pressure drivers?

The only other thing I could think of would be a rotary subwoofer (basically a fan) that pushes air in and out of a sealed media room.

What product are we talking about?

Because I have no idea what a "pressure dirver" is...

It might just be a fancy rename of your dynamic driver (the common one)....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048

It was in the video where the pictures are.

Spoiler

CPU: i5-4690k 4.1 GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO GPU: Asus Gtx 970 Strix MOBO: ASUS Z97-E RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Cooler Master 600W 80+ Bronze Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 Advanced 

I think it's a kind of driver with a horn attached to it. Not sure though. It'd probably be much like a dynamic driver, but with a smaler diaphragm and with the horn instead.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121048

It was in the video where the pictures are.

That looks like something with dynamic drivers to me...

My theory on how the "pressure driver" is just a fancy name for dynamic driver may hold...

That looks like something with dynamic drivers to me...

My theory on how the "pressure driver" is just a fancy name for dynamic driver may hold...

What's a dynamic driver then?

Spoiler

I've done some more googling because I wanted to know as well. Apparently what it means is that there's a dynamic driver outputting into a box with a passive diaphragm at the other end. The only advantage I can see of this is perhaps better bass with a tuned port, but probably more important marketing-wise the appearance of a bigger driver.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.