Intel Skylake-S CPUs to support new LGA 1151 socket

Well, that was hardly surprising. If you code name a CPU architecture "Bulldozer" what can you expect? :P:D

You expect it to wreck the house ?

Anyway, you think Gulftown or putting a fancy word before bridge is better ? :P

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Personly, I'm still running Sandybridge (2600k master race). I have no intention of upgrading until usb3 type c is implemented. If the new boards have this then I might be more interested.

Personly, I'm still running Sandybridge (2600k master race). I have no intention of upgrading until usb3 type c is implemented. If the new boards have this then I might be more interested.

I've been saying this for a while: unless you do scientific computing or run virtual machines, you as a general consumer have no reason to upgrade from Sandy Bridge on desktop unless you need to get rid of your power-hungry dGPU and get an SOC with enough graphical power to drive 4K for photo and video editing. Game software (and really most software) just isn't keeping up with Intel's expanding instruction set or the extra ALUs it packs per core (sandy has 3, Haswell 4, and I think it was Westmere that had 2). Hardware is way ahead of software, so there's no reason to upgrade until software begins to push again.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Love that intel is pushing for the boundary of physic but I am just sitting here happily with my 2600k .

I thought that 1151 was known to be the socket planned for Skylake for a while. Meh, it seems like Intel is going to go all Nvidia and just allocate Broadwell to mobile only. I'm looking forward to Skylake though. DDR4 for all. :D

I might finally move on from a dual core when Skylake comes around. :P

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P