New DIY flex protection trend

So, there's this new trend in the capital that popped up a few weeks back...

With all the woes of broken earphones and headphones thanks to the flimsy audio and the clumsy DIY twist tie or pen spring flex protection, this popped up somewhere (someone got this for me so I don't know where to get them)...

ad7ca6da0c.jpg

What is it?

A coiled piece of nylon string... I think... It feels like nylon...

They come in different colors but there's no non-glossy option...

Here's how my old flex protection looked like:

39143e42cb.jpg

Here's how it looks like now:

fe426c08b6.jpg

(I know it's a different wire, but it's the same concept)

It's less effective than the twist tie method, but it should do for the regular person... Now if only it didn't look so ugly... (I hate glossy stuff on my electronics)

Nice photo stand :P

I've never really had a problem with that though....

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

So, there's this new trend in the capital that popped up a few weeks back...

With all the woes of broken earphones and headphones thanks to the flimsy audio and the clumsy DIY twist tie or pen spring flex protection, this popped up somewhere (someone got this for me so I don't know where to get them)...

-PIC-

What is it?

A coiled piece of nylon string... I think... It feels like nylon...

They come in different colors but there's no non-glossy option...

Here's how my old flex protection looked like:

-PIC-

Here's how it looks like now:

-PIC-

(I know it's a different wire, but it's the same concept)

It's less effective than the twist tie method, but it should do for the regular person... Now if only it didn't look so ugly... (I hate glossy stuff on my electronics)

I usually find 3:1 ratio heat shrink on really flimsy connector cables works really well while having a low profile, keeps it from over bending but still gives it a fair amount of flex. 

That coil looks similar to those name tags holders or brackets for keys:

p987428dt.jpg

I usually find 3:1 ratio heat shrink on really flimsy connector cables works really well while having a low profile, keeps it from over bending but still gives it a fair amount of flex. 

That coil looks similar to those name tags holders or brackets for keys:

-pic-

I'm too lazy to do that... hahaha...

The worst wire I've seen here is a 24 gauge with only 2 strands of copper... No amount of flex protection can save that...

I've never had this problem ever. Not even once. Idk what you're even talking about, but you made your headphones look ghetto. 

I'm too lazy to do that... hahaha...

The worst wire I've seen here is a 24 gauge with only 2 strands of copper... No amount of flex protection can save that...

At that point time for a rewire, 24 gauge wire is like Ethernet sized wire and stranded, good luck with that, great flexibility but no real strength. 

I've never had this problem ever. Not even once. Idk what you're even talking about, but you made your headphones look ghetto. 

I know (I hate how they look)... But I had a few pairs break thanks to cable wear and I don't want to keep buying new stuff or spending time to fix broken stuff...

Luckily, my walkman is clipped to my belt and nobody sees what I did...