80C than blue screen on 750ti

Trophywolfe

so i got my evga 750ti ftw in april and it never went over 65C when on full load but now thats the idle temps. i saw it increasing a few months ago and than dusted it off as best i could and removed the shoud to get the dust buildup from under the aluminum fins and didnt change the thermal paste when i put it back on but didnt remove it either. and every time i play something like battlefield 3 or far cry 3 it shuts off and i than looked at the thermal temps and it shuts off when the gpu hits 80C and i tried changing the fan speed to 100% for good measure but it just keeps going that high and shutting off. it just reboots my pc whenever the gpu gets hot and its constantly hot so i cant play anything really.

CA-RIP, Cz up hoes down, bang these hoes out with my rounds.

Too much thermal paste maybe?

i didnt change the amount of thermal paste i just moved it a bit

Try changing the thermal paste, either sounds like there's dust (which you cleaned) or the thermal paste has somehow deteriorated

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

This is the problem. Whenever you remove your cooler, clean and re-apply thermal paste, or bad things could happen.

"Rawr XD"

Oh I thought you replaced it. (Didn't read properly)

some dust or something might have gotten on the thermal paste when you took of the shroud my advice would be to take it off again and clean with a microfiber and alcohol and put new thermal paste on.

This is the problem. Whenever you remove your cooler, clean and re-apply thermal paste, or bad things could happen.

Unless it's a old Pentium 4 1.5GHz 256/400

yeah i ordered some arctic mx-4 but i just wanted secondary input on weather or not that should fix the problem

yeah i ordered some arctic mx-4 but i just wanted secondary input on weather or not that should fix the problem

That probably will solve your problem.