CPU-Z and Core Temp

Go to solution Solved by Morfy,

Core temp is usually derping, if it wasn't for the gadget, i'd scrap it right away and use RealTemp, the voltage on core temp is VID, and on CPU-Z is Vcore, 2 different things.

Hello 

So, in my current PC, there is a Core i5-3570k. It is currently at stock frequency, so really, there is very little reason for this problem.

The problem is that Core Temp and CPU-Z produce different voltage and clock readings from each other. It really makes no sense, as one of the two programmes must be chatting shit and plucking figures out of a field of randomness. So does anyone know what is going on?

62kjWOm.jpg

Thankyou for reading, 

Tom

Compatible with Windows 95

the voltage on core temp is wrong on mine too, i think you should ignore that, as to the clock speeds, idk 

I generally don't rely on CoreTemp for voltage readings. Also, CoreTemp doesn't show actual frequency. It shows set frequency. So if your CPU is running at 1.6GHz(because of throttling), it won't be reflected in CoreTemp. For voltage and clock speed, rely on CPU-Z.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

VID is default voltage, what the chip is asking for. Vcore is what the cpu is getting.

0.88v is fine for idling. Do you know the Vcore while under load? Good thing to find out, along with the maximum temperatures.

cpu-z or cpu-id reads current value of voltage and core speeds where  core temp is reading of bios because you have speed step turned on you processor does not work all the time on its maximum speed when you have 2d or light application(software) running in the background you wont have your processor working on full speed try running heavy processing program and observe what will happen to your speeds and voltage. let me know if you still have problem. though remember alt+tab will turn off or (force to sleep) your application and speeds will drop try something like cpu stability tests

Core temp is usually derping, if it wasn't for the gadget, i'd scrap it right away and use RealTemp, the voltage on core temp is VID, and on CPU-Z is Vcore, 2 different things.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v