Evolve stuttering on my Asus 770

Nomy

Anyone else having trouble running Evolve fluidly? It keeps stuttering for me at certain points in the game making it simply unplayable for me.

I went to check my GPU activity log and indeed, it's showing sudden spikes to 0% usage. It can't be throttling due to temperature considering it never went over 73°C.

Any thoughts? Is my system(specs in signature) incapable of running this game fluidly on a 1920x1080 monitor with tesselation off and AA on default.

Made a screenshot of the GPU monitoring software, what do those spikes to 0% GPU usage represent? Something bottlenecking my system's performance?

2llzwb8.png

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

I had some problems running it too, try to turn down anti aliasing if it isn't already, also the option "tessellation" seems to cause ALOT of frame drops, try turning that off.

Even when i ran it at medium settings and 1080p i was still getting some frame drops, but a lot less.

So yeah you kinda have to deal with it this alpha, most people seem to experience this.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

This Alpha hasn't been fully optimized yet. It's something devs do late in the development process. So that's why. Medium settings 1080p seem pretty playable to me (GTX 660, 4670K).

I dont really have any stuttering tho.... Check your CPU usage at idle and while playing evolve 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I got zero frame drops at 1080p medium, FXAA on, Tesselation off with my 660ti so it can't be your system lol. 

What settings are you playing on?

take a look a the mhz curve.

I dont really have any stuttering tho.... Check your CPU usage at idle and while playing evolve 

Sorry for the late reply, at first I had everything max'd except the AA(remained on default).

Now I've retried the game with the following settings, AA: none Tesselation: off V-sync: on and the graphics at high.

Same unplayable stuttering gameplay, made a ss of MHz curve as Rheinwasser requested. Nothing unusual with the CPU load.

Next try will be at medium settings.

2808cq1.png

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Drop down the graphics to medium dude, I had unplayable stuttering on high. Maybe it's the 2GB Vram. 

Yeah went to medium, works like a charm now.

It kinda stutters on my Gigabyte 770 too, but very rarely. I have everything on very high and aliasing on with no v sync.

GTX 670 and an i5 2500k sadly not overclocked yet and I had to turn it down to medium cuz on the highest setting it was totally unplayable.  On medium I had no performance hits whatsoever.  The resolution I was playing at was 1920x1080p btw.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I have tesselation on, AA on default and everything else on high I believe.. And my GTX680 can run it just fine. So the 770 shouldn't really have any problems.

The older a card is and the more established the driverbase, (down to a certain point ofc where hardware becomes a limitation) the better it will run games that are in early alpha.

My GTX 470 was smashing 770s and 780s up and down the street in the first release of the Star Citizen hangar, for example. Now it's been soundly overtaken.

But this is every game ever. I've been in so many MMO alphas where this exact thing happened. It's nothing new.

OT: Yes, I have slight fps drops every 3-4 minutes on very high on my GTX 760, not as bad as you seem to make it sound though, maybe it's my 4.8Ghz 3570K, SSD installation or 16GB RAM

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.