Better GPU or Better Res.

3570tech

i want a m14x but cant use up all my money so what should i choose 1600x900 res screen or a 2gb gtx650m Gpu?

and what would u choose between asus g46vw and the m14x?

post-7727-0-25141500-1370623303.jpg

post-7727-0-21513900-1370623311.jpg

1600x900 is low res, can you not get higher?

"An Excellent Signature"

personally i would get the asus, alienware is severely over priced for what your getting and their overall quality is pretty meh compared to the asus laptops

I'd get the Asus. Get the better GPU. 1600*900 is enough for a 14" screen, unless you do a lot of work on multiple windows side by side.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Are you sure that you want a laptop? We can help you build a much more powerful desktop if you'd like.

Never grab Alienware if MSI or Asus is available...

always the better gpu because it will last longer

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

Do not go for Alienware man. Support sucks. Build quality is terrible etc.

G4MING RIG - CPU: i7 5930K  Cooling: Custom Loop  MOBO: Asus Rampage V Extreme  GPU: EVGA 980 Ti GTX Classified  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 16 GB  SSD: Samsung 840 Pro  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Platinum Certified  Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX II  CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo  PERIPHERALS: Das Keyboard Ultimate 4, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Sennheiser G4ME One, B&W MM-1, ROG SWIFT

Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2012CPU: i7 2,7 GHz  GPU: GT 650M,  RAM: 16GB,  SSD: 512GB

Get a better gpu because you can always connect to an external monitor and go with Asus, Alienware is terrible. 

why get high res if you cant get good gpu 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

stay away from fail-ienware.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Do you really need a gaming laptop? For that amount of money you could build a pretty beastly system, with more options for upgrades, and building a computer is actually quite easy. 

If you want a gaming laptop, you're better off ordering it from someone custom made for you. 1. It'll be cheaper and 2. You get what you want in it

ok, to everybody i have a computer that i built myself for 2000$, but i need a laptop that i can use with friends and at school, and stop saying that alienware has bad quality because i know they are very good at quality.

and i am getting the Alienware cheaper than normal

1600x900 is low res, can you not get higher?

on the m14x,no, because its a 14 inch 

ok everyone that prefere the alienware type 1 everyone that prefere the asus type 2 !

Why not get something with the newer GPUs? I don't know your exact budget, but I know for a fact that gaming laptops exist with a GTX 765M, Haswell i7, and 15.6" 1080p screen that weigh under 6 pounds and cost under $1200... Making them better in every way than that Alienware.

If you're just comparing specs right now, I would go with the G46vw over the M14x R2, but Alienware is supposedly releasing their next-gen models June 10th, so we'll have to see what their new specs and pricing will be..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

on the m14x,no, because its a 14 inch 

Fair enough

"An Excellent Signature"

Screw Asus. In my family we have had 6 Asus laptop. All of them died. We treated them well didnt put them on beds and carpets but a backstab is the reply.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

If you're just comparing specs right now, I would go with the G46vw over the M14x R2, but Alienware is supposedly releasing their next-gen models June 10th, so we'll have to see what their new specs and pricing will be..

ok,thanks for saying i didnt know whan the next gen was coming :)