FX-9590 cooling worth going from a H100i to a custom loop

Hi all,

I am wanting to know if there is any significant point to upgrading form a H100i to say a 360 mm (not sure about thick ect, for this say it is same as h100i) custom loop, in terms of thermals how much of a difference would it make? And following on from that what sort of increase in thickness  (plus what ever else better you can get) would be need to see it being worth while improvements.

Thanks

Hi all,

I am wanting to know if there is any significant point to upgrading form a H100i to say a 360 mm (not sure about thick ect, for this say it is same as h100i) custom loop, in terms of thermals how much of a difference would it make? And following on from that what sort of increase in thickness  (plus what ever else better you can get) would be need to see it being worth while improvements.

Thanks

The best upgrade you could do is switch to Intel if the main purpose of your rig is gaming.

Otherwise, maybe looking into an XSPC, Swiftech, or Alphacool kit would be your best option, but don't expect tremendous gains, and it will cost around $400, which is enough to upgrade to an i7 + Z97 motherboard which would truly give you much better all-around performance.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The best upgrade you could do is switch to Intel if the main purpose of your rig is gaming.

this and it costs less

also if you really want to cool it you alo need really nice thermal compound

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I really doubt that you could get thermal throttling with a H100i making your CPU frequency decreasing by itself.

You might hit the CPU headroom limit way before CPU overheating with a H100i

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

Cool that was a quick answer, it's not worth the cost. And I have this processor because my electricity is included in my rent, so without that it was a lot cheaper than buying a new mobo plus cpu.

You would be okay with a 360mm aio if you really wanted it. But a custom loop can be done aswell. I am not sure on what your thermals will look like after. But it will be less than with the h100i. For rad thickness, it all comes down to how much room you have in your case. If you can do it, 60mm is what I have on my amd build plus 6 fans, you can do the math there.