Can't use Intel Graphics with Radeon?!?!?

LIGISTX

So, if I ever want to update my drivers, I need to figure out a fix for this. And since I am just about aggravated enough to just say screw it, I think I will order an active DP>DVI adapter and if that doesn't work, well, GTX 770 here we frikin come... I haven't ordered my water block for my 290 yet as I wanted to figure this issue out first. lol. Starting to sound like the smartest thing I have done all day. 

Thanks for the help Woodenmaker. Sorry if I was a bit scattered and nonsensical. I was down under my desk, back in my chair, using computer phone and laptop on the forum and trying to install/uninstall drivers and what not. I guess I will let you know what happens with the active adapter. I am pretty sure I have exhausted my possibilities without one. HDMI looks like crap, so I am not using that. Maybe its because this monitor also doubles as a TV.... So it has a TV tuner in it. Maybe it is doing some weird stuff to the HDMI signal because it is assuming it is a receiver/xbox or play station. I don't know, HDMI never works right for me. 

And plus, if I get an adaptive adapter, I guess I can run a slightly strange eyefinity triple monitor setup. Not sure how the 1680x1050 monitor will effect it, but I think stuff will just not be shown on that monitor right? Like the top or bottom or both will just not be shown? I don't know, guess I will find out how that works too.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

As you can see, in bios it works fine. It just mimics my main monitor. But as soon as it hits windows login screen, it goes dark.

Also, yea it's enabled in bios. This is the weirdest thing ever.

Turn off Render Standby.

This is with all ATI software and drivers removed, and uninstalled it from computer manager as well. Do a reboot, and look. All three work as they did before. As I typed this. Windows downloaded and installed driver package version 13.251.9001... On it's own like it did after a fresh format. And all three work. I'm telling you, this is beyond bizarre.

It seems like you have just messed up your drivers somewhere along the way. Drivers can need reboots to take effect. 

well, GTX 770 here we frikin come... 

Maybe its because this monitor also doubles as a TV.... So it has a TV tuner in it. Maybe it is doing some weird stuff to the HDMI signal because it is assuming it is a receiver/xbox or play station. I don't know, HDMI never works right for me. 

And plus, if I get an adaptive adapter, I guess I can run a slightly strange eyefinity triple monitor setup. Not sure how the 1680x1050 monitor will effect it, but I think stuff will just not be shown on that monitor right? Like the top or bottom or both will just not be shown? I don't know, guess I will find out how that works too.

The 770 is the same in where you can only use 2 or the 3 dvi/hdmi connectors at once. 

TV's generally have a lot of post processing. The fuzziness and oversaturation is likely caused by that. You should turn off any post processing from the TV's menu. 

I thought you had 3 1080p displays?

Make sure to quote or tag me--I just happened to stumble across this thread again. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Turn off Render Standby.

It seems like you have just messed up your drivers somewhere along the way. Drivers can need reboots to take effect. 

The 770 is the same in where you can only use 2 or the 3 dvi/hdmi connectors at once. 

TV's generally have a lot of post processing. The fuzziness and oversaturation is likely caused by that. You should turn off any post processing from the TV's menu. 

I thought you had 3 1080p displays?

Make sure to quote or tag me--I just happened to stumble across this thread again. 

Yea, should have tagged you. My B.

What is render standby? 

This was a fresh format. I reformated about 3 hours ago now, and all I have been doing is trying to figure this issue out. No additional drivers were isntalled, just a fully updated windows 8.1, plus gpu drivers. So I don't think that is the issue.

770 will be the same with the only using 2 DVI/HDMI, but seeing as I am still using one of my mobo headers, it should be fine. Since this looks like an AMD driver issue, the nvidia card won't have problems (my gtx 470 didn't....).

And no, the dell is 1680x1050 :/. Its from 2007. First LCD I ever got, back when a 20 inch wide screen was a big deal ;)

I can't seem to find in the monitors settings how to turn that crap off. Honestly, I am not a fan of this monitor that doubles as a TV. It gets the job done, I only got it because I was going to college and wanted a TV. Just so happens my roomie went out and got a 40 inch for our dorm so in retrospect this wasn't a good purchase. lol. The reason I have two of them is because my dad got one as a TV, never used it, so I took it. even after 7-8 years the Dell still has a better picture... by miles... 

When I am out of school and have a job, I am dumping these samsungs for a nice new 4k gsync monitor, and a big frikin nvidia gpu to drive it.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

What is render standby? 

This was a fresh format. I reformated about 3 hours ago now, and all I have been doing is trying to figure this issue out. No additional drivers were isntalled, just a fully updated windows 8.1, plus gpu drivers. So I don't think that is the issue.

770 will be the same with the only using 2 DVI/HDMI, but seeing as I am still using one of my mobo headers, it should be fine. Since this looks like an AMD driver issue, the nvidia card won't have problems (my gtx 470 didn't....).

And no, the dell is 1680x1050 :/. Its from 2007. First LCD I ever got, back when a 20 inch wide screen was a big deal ;)

I can't seem to find in the monitors settings how to turn that crap off. Honestly, I am not a fan of this monitor that doubles as a TV. It gets the job done, I only got it because I was going to college and wanted a TV. Just so happens my roomie went out and got a 40 inch for our dorm so in retrospect this wasn't a good purchase. lol. The reason I have two of them is because my dad got one as a TV, never used it, so I took it. even after 7-8 years the Dell still has a better picture... by miles... 

Render Standby is a power saving feature for the iGPU but it might be causing issues. 

I haven't had any issues like yours with other similar configurations--it's not clear what the issue is exactly yet. 

Take some time to explore the monitor's menus--it's likely what's causing the fuzziness and saturation issue. Maybe it's in some 'cinema mode' or something.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Render Standby is a power saving feature for the iGPU but it might be causing issues. 

I haven't had any issues like yours with other similar configurations--it's not clear what the issue is exactly yet. 

Take some time to explore the monitor's menus--it's likely what's causing the fuzziness and saturation issue. Maybe it's in some 'cinema mode' or something.

I have looked around the monitors settings, pretty much nothing there. I will look some more.

But is render standby in software or in bios? I haven't seen it in bios or software for that matter.

Also, any chance you would have some input on watercooling? lol. You have nearly 30k posts, I figure you might be a good source of knowledge... If you do ill forward you over to a quick question I have in another thread :)

Wow, im an idiot. Its on the same screen I was on before in bios. I will turn it off and see what happens.

Also, any chance you would have some input on watercooling? lol. You have nearly 30k posts, I figure you might be a good source of knowledge... If you do ill forward you over to a quick question I have in another thread :)

I'm not at all an expert on wc'ing but I'm sure you should get some help if you posted in the wc'ing section. 

I'm not at all an expert on wc'ing but I'm sure you should get some help if you posted in the wc'ing section.

The bios setting didn't help :/. Updates driver to newest one with that disabled, problem came back just like before. I will have an adaptive dp>dvi cable Saturday.

And my 4770k+290 thread is in there. Haven't got many replies tho :/

The bios setting didn't help :/. Updates driver to newest one with that disabled, problem came back just like before. I will have an adaptive dp>dvi cable Saturday.

And my 4770k+290 thread is in there. Haven't got many replies tho :/

Which problem? I'm getting lost as to which problems have and haven't been fixed since it seems things have been going back and forth. 

2 pages isn't much?

823c8e6f5d76d64a154ca0f7678e4fd6.png

Which problem? I'm getting lost as to which problems have and haven't been fixed since it seems things have been going back and forth.

2 pages isn't much?

Posted Image

When I updated the drivers with that bios setting you suggested to turn off, my monitor went black.

And the thread is mostly me talking (thinking out loud)

In the bios you need to set something I can't remember what I changed but it's in the bois and you need to set the motherboard to use the Intel hd graphics for the primary

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

In the bios you need to set something I can't remember what I changed but it's in the bois and you need to set the motherboard to use the Intel hd graphics for the primary

Tried it, didn't work :/

It's a weird driver issue that seems to be interacting with my monitors firmware. It's very bizarre.

@WoodenMarker I got my active display port - DVI converter, didn't fix it :/

I'm pretty sure this monitor is just bad as now its doing some other weird things, the on screen display adjustment buttons are only responsive sometimes. I got the monitor from Costco a while back, so I suppose I will try and return it since I do actually think its just broken. 

@WoodenMarker I got my active display port - DVI converter, didn't fix it :/

I'm pretty sure this monitor is just bad as now its doing some other weird things, the on screen display adjustment buttons are only responsive sometimes. I got the monitor from Costco a while back, so I suppose I will try and return it since I do actually think its just broken. 

Well, that sucks. Good luck with the return.