Gun Control Laws (US citizens only please)

DarkLordDylan

ammo doesn't need to be manufactured by companies to be made. Its is possible to make your own ammo.

lol the rednecks ain't got time for that. 

Lol You are clearly not very educated on this subject, are you? 

It is not even uncommon for people to make their own ammo.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Lol You are clearly not very educated on this subject, are you? 

It is not even uncommon for people to make their own ammo.

You clearly don't understand where I live do you. Most people where I live ain't capable of supporting themselves. Let alone create ammo or some sort of weapon. 

it would become a big black market, you have to understand that

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

You clearly don't understand where I live do you. Most people where I live ain't capable of supporting themselves. Let alone create ammo or some sort of weapon. 

Do all gun owners live in your area? Please stop generalizing. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

it would become a big black market, you have to understand that

I am well aware, I see fun in that particular situation. It'll be like the drug trade. :D 

Do all gun owners live in your area? Please stop generalizing. 

I didn't generalize. I said in my particular area, in no way did I refer to the majority... Did I?

I am well aware, I see fun in that particular situation. It'll be like the drug trade. :D

yeah and we can have a war on guns! and drugs!

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

yeah and we can have a war on guns! and drugs!

Sound awesome! the war on the internet, drugs & guns. I <3 it! I feel I could make so much profit :D 

I didn't generalize. I said in my particular area, in no way did I refer to the majority... Did I?

Yeah... you did.

Yeah... you did.

I live in a southern state(Not Really). When I say rednecks I'm referring to the rednecks in my area. (Mason County, WV) Or better put the uneducated, racist, gun loving, conservatives that have a undeniable hate for gays. Spending most of the time sitting on their porch drinking cheap beer and shooting their guns in the air. 

well, there should be more (well....better) regulation over WHO can own a gun. I.e. you should have to be mentally stable to own a gun; which should be the only deciding factor deciding whether or not you're allowed to own a gun. (well that and that you need to not have a criminal record) 

I have a fundamental problem with asking for approval to exercise my rights.

Ask yourself this, do you approve of requiring a permit to vote? A permit to not have your house randomly searched by the authorities? To speak in public?

I also don't think that ammo is only make in 'murika (obviously)

There will be ways to get it.

also, don't know about you, but most of the gun crime stuff I see isn't usually with rednecks, ironically.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I have a fundamental problem with asking for approval to exercise my rights.

Ask yourself this, do you approve of requiring a permit to vote? A permit to not have your house randomly searched by the authorities? To speak in public?

A felon can't vote*. Neither can someone under 18.

It's the same idea. I agree that every should have the right to own a gun assuming they are mentally stable; and aren't already a convicted felon. The former could easily lead to issues; whereas the latter person has already shown they probably can't be trusted with a gun. 

*Well it depends on the state with restrictions ranging from never able to again after being convicted to as soon as one is released from prison (and I believe there are some states where prisoners aren't prohibited from voting as well....Maine iirc).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

A felon can't vote (well, not until hes cleared probation/parole anyway). Neither can someone under 18.

It's the same idea. I agree that every should have the right to own a gun assuming they are mentally stable; and aren't already a convicted felon. The former could easily lead to issues; whereas the latter person has already shown they probably can't be trusted with a gun. 

You seem to have missed my point.

You say that a person must demonstrate mental stability in order to buy a gun. That would effectively be a gun permit.

So, I ask again; Do you approve of requiring a permit to vote? A permit to not have your house randomly searched by the authorities? To speak in public?

As for Felons voting, I think they should be able to vote. I also think that if they are not a recent non-violent felon, they should have the ability to buy and own a gun, assuming they have paid their debt to society by serving their criminal sentence.

You say that a person must demonstrate mental stability in order to buy a gun. That would effectively be a gun permit.

So, I ask again; Do you approve of requiring a permit to vote? A permit to not have your house randomly searched by the authorities? To speak in public?

As for Felons voting, I think they should be able to vote. I also think that if they are not a recent non-violent felon, they should have the ability to buy and own a gun, assuming they have paid their debt to society by serving their criminal sentence.

Permit to drive a car? Being able to drive isn't a right, it's a privilege. Owning a gun should fall under the same category. 

Are we really going to compare the right to speak in public and the right to privacy with the right to own a gun... 

/I do think you should have to demonstrate some level of intelligence/understanding when voting...I remember back in 2012 during the elections and how many reporters went around asking questions like: "What do you think of Obama's choice for vice president--Sarah Palin?" --"Oh, shes great, I think she'll do a great job" was a very common response.... Now, unfortunately this is also a slippery slope; and as governments are soooooo trustworthy, this isn't really a good idea; but in theory it is.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I wouldn't compare owning a gun to voting. not really the same thing.

I wouldn't compare owning a gun to voting. not really the same thing.

I'm not, I'm applying the process you are suggesting to other rights. If you dont approve of them, why do you approve of the process on this particular one?

I'm not, I'm applying the process you are suggesting to other rights. If you dont approve of them, why do you approve of the process on this particular one?

I don't have an opinion either way, but the thing is even though they are both rights, they have very different impacts on society.

Voting is basically giving an opinion that may or may not really matter in the grand scheme of things. Guns on the other hand let people kill someone else in a split second without giving it a second thought. If guns took months and millions of peoples' opinions on whether someone should die, then I would probably think otherwise.

It would be the rednecks you would need to worry about. Get some bullet molds, which are readily available. Get some used lead wheel weights that local shops are happy to get rid of. Smelt, cast, repeat.

And there is plenty of brass, powder, primers, and reloading stations to last for a long time.

Permit to drive a car? Being able to drive isn't a right, it's a privilege. Owning a gun should fall under the same category. 

Driving is not a right, so it is not a comparable. 

Are we really going to compare the right to speak in public and the right to privacy with the right to own a gun... 

Given that they are all outlined in the same document... yes. Rights are still rights.

/I do think you should have to demonstrate some level of intelligence/understanding when voting...I remember back in 2012 during the elections and how many reporters went around asking questions like: "What do you think of Obama's choice for vice president--Sarah Palin?" --"Oh, shes great, I think she'll do a great job" was a very common response.... Now, unfortunately this is also a slippery slope; and as governments are soooooo trustworthy, this isn't really a good idea; but in theory it is.

The issue with the knowledge base of the average american voter is a different issue. Although I struggle with it, sometimes you have to let stupid people be stupid.

I also don't think that rights by the constitution should be impenetrable. It should obviously take a long time and lots of thought.

if there was a right that "all men can slap a bitch", don't you think that people should question that right?

I don't have an opinion either way, but the thing is even though they are both rights, they have very different impacts on society.

Voting is basically giving an opinion that may or may not really matter in the grand scheme of things. Guns on the other hand let people kill someone else in a split second without giving it a second thought. If guns took months and millions of peoples' opinions on whether someone should die, then I would probably think otherwise.

Although I see what you are saying, I cannot help but disagree. 

Minute to kill one, I see as much less damaging than years to kill millions. Governments have killed far more people than homicidal citizens. 

Just as it is illegal to use your first amendment to yell fire in a theatre, it is illegal to use your second amendment to harm other people. What we need is more individual accountability for actions, and less blaming objects.

I also don't think that rights by the constitution should be impenetrable. It should obviously take a long time and lots of thought.

if there was a right that "all men can slap a bitch", don't you think that people should question that right?

So revoking the 13th amendment wouldn't offend you? What about the first? Or are we to be selective? Remember that sentiment changes like underwear, and with that train of thought, its feasible a majority of people could support shit like that... the majority isn't always right.