Computer to TV Audio via amp - Worth it?

Eniqmatic

As per the title, I have an old Astro A40 Mixamp lying about, would hooking this up from my computer to TV improve the sound quality by a noticable amount or will the TV still be the bottle neck? I would also like to use headphones from time to time so something that would be quick to plug these in also would be good. 

I use a Samsung 32 inch TV for my monitor. Yes, I know, don't tell me I should have got a monitor :P  

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

As per the title, I have an old Astro A40 Mixamp lying about, would hooking this up from my computer to TV improve the sound quality by a noticable amount or will the TV still be the bottle neck? I would also like to use headphones from time to time so something that would be quick to plug these in also would be good. 

I use a Samsung 32 inch TV for my monitor. Yes, I know, don't tell me I should have got a monitor :P  

I doubt anything would change

might be useful to hook your headphones up using though!

If not, give it to me :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I doubt anything would change

might be useful to hook your headphones up using though!

If not, give it to me :P

Okay, but I assume I would definitely notice the difference with the headphones?

Would it be possible for it to work where I'd be able to just unplug headphones quickly and easily or would I need to change other cabling every time?

Is it even any good? :P

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

The best way to answer this, is always to try it on yourself. This is always the best answer, and applicable to other stuffs (speakers, headphones, amps, etc).

Just look for a way to connect them. Stereo plugs (3,5mm and 6,35mm plugs) and RCA plugs, assuming this is what the TV's audio in jacks are, are compatible (both analog), so you'd only need an interconnect cable (stereo to RCA).