What's a good <$50 wireless adapter?

Sean

Is the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 Dual Band N900 a good choice? Or would it be better to go with a 600mbps adapter that might have more stability? I need something fast and reliable, unfortunately I can't do ethernet.

Do you want USB or PCI?

Also, because you can't do Ethernet is something like Ethernet over power an option?

Do you want USB or PCI?

Also, because you can't do Ethernet is something like Ethernet over power an option?

I'd prefer PCI/PCIE but if USB can offer something better I wouldn't turn it down. I haven't given much consideration to powerline, is it about the same cost?

For me locally powerline is about $100-$200 depending on the speed and manufacturer so that's really up to you whether you want to go down that road.

I personally recommend either the Asus N53 or TP Link WDN4800 if you want dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz or otherwise the Asus N15 if you just want 2.4. The dual bands run about the $50 pricetag whereas the N15 runs about $35 locally for me. Why go dual band? Basically means that if you go and get a 5ghz WiFi modem, your system will be compatible with it.

For me locally powerline is about $100-$200 depending on the speed and manufacturer so that's really up to you whether you want to go down that road.

I personally recommend either the Asus N53 or TP Link WDN4800 if you want dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz or otherwise the Asus N15 if you just want 2.4. The dual bands run about the $50 pricetag whereas the N15 runs about $35 locally for me. Why go dual band? Basically means that if you go and get a 5ghz WiFi modem, your system will be compatible with it.

Ah, I forgot to check if my router was dual band... Guess I'll go with your suggestion then, thank you!

Doesn't have to be dual band, just make sure you get one thats supported

Well son of a bitch I have the N15 and always thought it was dual band. lol Oh well the N15 is good I do not have any problems and doesn't really matter for me cause I don't even come close to 54 mbs. Just do not use the asus software cause that thing is a resource hog. Took me a min to fig out why my cpu was running so hot and I wasn't doing anything lol.