My Monitor and PC hate each other

DaneLewis

There is two problems with my PC right now.

The first is my fault; I tried to OC my panel (+10Hertz) and restarted my computer to apply the OC but it said incompatible display. I went into my other room and hooked it up through another TV and attempted to delete the program I did it though (AMD Catalyst Control). I erased everything but two small files because they were still in use. It still didn't work. I've attempted to boot into Safe Mode but that's where the second problems comes in.

The second problem is that my computer onlystarts to boot every other time I turn it on. When it boots on after the second tty, it gives me a screen after my BIOS screen flashed. This makes it, I think, impossible to get into Safe Mode.

If this helps:

Motherboard- ASROCK 990FX

Boot Drive- SANDISK 32GB SSD

OS- Windows 8 64-bit

Please help me guys! I've been trying all day

Overclock your panel? What's your panel?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Which ASrock board do you have...?

Go into your BIOS (.Del key)

With windows 8 you will want to turn off the quick boot to windows8 function..AND/OR disable the splash screen..

on reboot, you can use the PAUSE/BREAK key to slow the POST down, after you hear the POST beep..hit the F8 key..this should bring up the Alt Windows area for you to choose SAFE MODE

Good luck.. 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

I have the ASROCK 990FX EXTREME 3. I will give it a try

What I'd I have no onboard sound for the beep?

I did it after the screen where it told me my boot didn't work the first time (Problem 2) and it says "disk read error occured Press crtl+Salt+Del to restart" I did and nothing

At the same time  as you turn on your computer hit the .Del key...and keep hitting it until you get the BIOS. Restart until you get the timing right.. 

I can get into the BIOS but what next?

Now you can turn off the splash screen..turn on the F1 Halt on ALL errors prompt..look at your SSD/HDD smart status..turn off any quick boot and fast POST options..check that you have legacy USB set ..save it and reboot..

You should now have more time to hit the F8 key..use the PAUSE/BREAK key to better control the POST..

Good luck..

Check  with the power off  that your PC speaker is connected..it is a valuable indicator...from your MB manual..

Chassis Speaker Header (4-pin SPEAKER 1) speaker to this header.(see p.12 No. 24)