Why pro dota2 players leaving team

Chakshu

I feel very sad but many players like puppey, egm, singsing, s4 and many others have left theirs teams.

can somone throw some light on this why did they do so.

Perhaps they got bored of it? or have other obligations that fill their time now?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It's pretty standard.

It's like in Football or Basketball.

Players change teams.

And there are multiple reasons to do so.

KKY and PPY left because the atmosphere inside that team was terrible.

PPY and Xboct can't see each other.

I don't have any details on SingSing and why he left the team but I think he was kicked.

When it comes to EGM and S4, they understood that they can't carry Loda every game.

Teams change a lot.

In China players are traded just like in Football.

There's a money exchange.

This thing doesn't happen in Europe.

I remember that somebody left there team due to RSI on their wrists. Meaning they risk loosing functionality in there hand if they don't stop.... seems like a good enough reason :D

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Usually reasons why single or couple of players leave are in teams inside communication problems, lack of motivation or time or players wanting to try something bit different like another role.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

There are a few reasons:

• Money ( another team might pay more)
  • Communication (very often)
  • Motivation
  • Chances (maybe he sees himself getting farther with another team)
  • Fame (go to a more famous team --> more money with streams)
  • Education (they finish their education)

Back in the day, a team used to be a group of friends togheter with a few sponsors playin tournaments.

Things are changing are teams are now owned by someone or a group of people and they manage the team. It's common for a team to have different game segments like TeamLiquid, etc.

It's kind of sad because most likely, in the future, players won't share the prize from tournaments (just like a football, soccer, basketball, etc team doesn't share the money they win with the players), rather, the team owner(s) will get it. But there's also a good side of it, maybe it will help the e-sports scene get more "professional" and grow even more.

When you're a kid you might dream of becoming a football player, maybe in the future kids will dream of becoming professional e-sport players  :)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I heard:

S4 left Alliance on his own

EGM got kicked

Sing sing got kicked as well because of communication issues

What I know is that Puppey left on his own with Kuroky, they have planned to form a team together where Kuroky would be a carry (http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/138nvj/hi_im_kuroky_from_team_zero_ama/c71r7x6)  , I also heard the atmosphere within the team is pretty sh***y

Don't quote me on any of these, but I'm pretty sure they're accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

The same reason why football clubs buy new players every season.

Boatloads of players in LoL have been leaving their teams as well, half of them make 2-3x money streaming + goofing around, which sounds a lot better IMO than being stressed having practice 12 hours a day in a stressful team environment.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Boatloads of players in LoL have been leaving their teams as well, half of them make 2-3x money streaming + goofing around, which sounds a lot better IMO than being stressed having practice 12 hours a day in a stressful team environment.

yeah i think you are right sponsers give them more money then they win in tournaments TI aside.

Having a ad on twitch stream which 1000's watch any company will be willing to pay them.

They all are still playing dota 2, they just changed rosters.

Na'Vi wasn't gonna last forever, neither was Alliance.

They all are still playing dota 2, they just changed rosters.

Na'Vi wasn't gonna last forever, neither was Alliance.

I never said they quit the competitive scene. I said they left teams and formed another ones. 

I never said they quit the competitive scene. I said they left teams and formed another ones. 

"Perhaps they got bored of it? or have other obligations that fill their time now?"

"I remember that somebody left there team due to RSI on their wrists. Meaning they risk loosing functionality in there hand if they don't stop.... seems like a good enough reason"

"There are a few reasons:

• Motivation
  • Education (they finish their education)"

"The same reason why football clubs buy new players every season."

Maybe you know but the rest of the people here might not.

• 1 month later...

I feel very sad but many players like puppey, egm, singsing, s4 and many others have left theirs teams.

can somone throw some light on this why did they do so.

It's kind of been said.. but it goes like this.  Every year only one thing matters,  "The International" and every other tournament is just practice for TI (for top teams).  After every International there is always massive retirements, and teams breaking up (especially in China).

Top players can retire, leave their team, and form a new one or wait and watch how things shake out and join a squad in a few months to prepare for the next T.I.

It will always be like this.    

@WhOaMi_Gaming

id/theoriginalwhoami

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few reasons:

• Motivation
  • Education (they finish their education)

This. 

It's kind of sad because most likely, in the future, players won't share the prize from tournaments (just like a football, soccer, basketball, etc team doesn't share the money they win with the players), rather, the team owner(s) will get it. But there's also a good side of it, maybe it will help the e-sports scene get more "professional" and grow even more.

Usually the teams management takes a cut of whatever the team makes in prize money, probably in the 20-30% range. By the time you factor in what accomodation, flights, day-to-day living expenses such as food and rent, then the cost of equipment, I think the 20-30% is probably justifiable considering what it costs to actually run a team.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day, a team used to be a group of friends togheter with a few sponsors playin tournaments.

Things are changing are teams are now owned by someone or a group of people and they manage the team. It's common for a team to have different game segments like TeamLiquid, etc.

When you're a kid you might dream of becoming a football player, maybe in the future kids will dream of becoming professional e-sport players  :)

This is what I hope for, make e-sports more developed in SEA continents country like Malaysia, Indonesia etc.

In Malaysia(my country), e-sports are not quite popular, unlike Indonesia and Thailand.. And I hope can be like Dendi(master Pudge), MuShi(QoP) and KuroKy(best in support) in more competative way :D