Asus RMA?

UltraNeonGaming

I have heard of many stories about Asus's RMA and how it's the worst.

Is this true? I am planning on building my first PC and all the parts (And I really mean all) are from Asus, I also wanted to know how are Asus motherboards are they good? (Il be getting the Z97-Pro WiFi AC)

Thanks!

Their products are great. Ive never had to RMA anything to them because nothing I own from them has ever had any issues.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

From what I've seen on the internet (Worlds most reliable source ever) when you have to return an asus item, you'll dread the rma. the products are good though.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

My many experioences have either been smooth sailing or well the opposite, like taking 3 RMAs to get stuff fixed.

I'd direct you to my anthrax build log to show you some of the bad luck I've had but I don't think those logs are up.

I have heard of many stories about Asus's RMA and how it's the worst.

Is this true? I am planning on building my first PC and all the parts (And I really mean all) are from Asus, I also wanted to know how are Asus motherboards are they good? (Il be getting the Z97-Pro WiFi AC)

Thanks!

Just to note, it can't be "absolutely everything, because the CPUs are either from AMD or Intel. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Okay thanks guys I'll continue on with my Asus and Corsair themed build, I guess if the product is good I won't need to use the RMA :D

Asus is reliable and the quality goes first, you can't go wrong with them but for some products you pay for the brand itself, so it's more expensive.

As for the RMA question, I would recommand you choose something like a cross-shipping RMA when you make your order.

It might happen on bad luck too, but it's really rare. I've had a gpu RMA'ed a few years ago and if I remember correctly it took 1 to 3 weeks.

If you have the choice, I would suggest to buy your parts on your local store too.

PC1 = i7 4790k  -  Asus Z97 Mark1  -  Corsair Dominator 32GB kit  -  Evga GTX 780Ti SC x2 SLI  -  SSD 512GB x2  -  12TB NAS  -  Carbide Air540  -  24" 120Hz x2 3D ready  -  Corsair K95 + M95
Custom Watercooling loop with low profile radiators / fans

PC2 = i7 4770k  -  Z97 Maximus VII Hero  -  16 GB kit  -  Evga GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  -  Graphite 760T  -  24" VE248 x2  -  Corsair K70RGB + M90 

I have an asus video card that was brought back in 2009 by dad. Its still been used and overclocked.

You will be fine. But then again in NZ i just return what i need to return to where i brought it from and get it exchanged.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

I have had to do a couple RMAs with them.  Overall it has been pretty positive.   Most recently I had a 780Ti.   It was shutting down under load.   So I called them up.  While setting up the RMA I managed to break one of the fins on the fans.   The guy told me that it would void my warranty.   I spent the night worried and called up again the next day and asked for a Supervisor.   He made some notes and told me they would check it.  As long as the problem was not related to the broken fan he would see what he could do.   

10 days later I had a new still in the box 780ti on my doorstep.  

Here is something a lot of people don't know.  there are two call centers.  One in Indiana about 15 minutes from where I live.  The other in Cali.    The one is California is terrible.  I refuse to talk to anyone there.   If you call before 5PM EST you normally get the one in Indiana.   Most of the people there are pretty good to deal with.    

I just wish they let me drop it off.  It is stupid to have to ship it 10 miles.

By the way.  Asus and Corsair themed builds are nice.  I was going to do similar but finally decided to expand it a bit by going with Samsung SSDs.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

By the way.  Asus and Corsair themed builds are nice.    

Tell me about it ;)

By the way.  Asus and Corsair themed builds are nice.  I was going to do similar but finally decided to expand it a bit by going with Samsung SSDs.  

I am also getting a Samsung SSD :D Specifically the 512GB 850 Pro

I am also getting a Samsung SSD :D Specifically the 512GB 850 Pro

Corsair SSD Master race

had to RMA my RIVE 4 times (well technically once for the original, then twice for the replacement of the first)

had a terrible experience the 3rd/4th time, but MONTHS later (I'm talking so long after that anybody would have moved on) they called me to follow up - wanted to apologize for the terrible experience and the person that was at cause was no longer working with them

even that said, they replace more often than repair (for motherboards I have only been sent new ones, never repaired) - so all you have to do is talk with a rep that probably doesn't know much (like ANY rma department pretty much) to get the RMA started, then you'll have a replacement

Had to RMA a N53 laptop because the keyboard was starting to sink, which was a common problem.

Turns out they wouldn't repair it and wanted to charge me money for a replacement kb.

ASUS never again, just bought this R9 280 from them because I got it 60€ cheaper in a sale.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud