Should I buy a Wii U?

SnowGhost

Also, is the WiiU a good single-player experience?  I don't have a lot of freinds/family that play games that are in close proximity, so would I be bored to tears?

While I can't comment on Smash Brothers as it's not out yet, I have to say that Mario Kart is fun single player, and you have online play. A hard game as well if you are trying to get everything. Super Mario 3D World is an excellent game as well, and is primarily a single player game. If you have not played Donkey Kong Country Return on the Wii, have a look at the sequel on the WiiU: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. It is a challenging platformer game, especially if you try to get all the puzzle peaces and letters to unlock the hardcore stages. Coming up Splattoon (new IP) will have a single player mode, and looks fun.

Of course, you can expect late on in the future also StarFox game.

And they is actually more, but I need to go. Just wanted to mention some of what I think are highlights. I'll let other complete the list. Like the indie games that the console is getting. Worth a look.

I am not really a huge fan of Nintendo first party games, but I am willing to give them another shot.  I prefer the types of games that come out on PS4, XB1 and PC.  As for non-core Nintendo titles -- Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter look the most appealing to me so far. 

Also, is the WiiU a good single-player experience?  I don't have a lot of freinds/family that play games that are in close proximity, so would I be bored to tears?

If you like Bayonetta then The Wonderful 101 is made by the same guys and is also worth a look. It's like if you took the gameplay of Bayonetta, put it in the style of Power Rangers and added elements from Pikmin if that makes sense. It's a solid single player game. Smash Bros I don't have on the Wii U yet but I can say that I've poured hours into the 3DS version and haven't actually played a local multiplayer game yet. Its challenges and unlocks are pretty addictive and the online modes are very solid so I assume the same will carry over to the Wii U version. The same is true of Mario Kart 8 but that game kinda feels a bit empty if you don't have someone to play with. I've also enjoyed Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends and Wind Waker HD purely as single player experiences. 

On the other side of the spectrum New SMB U is decent and is best in single player but it's not a must have game IMO. Pikmin 3 is worth a look and I enjoyed it but I wouldn't call it a must have. Super Mario 3D World is fantastic and is great as a single player game but IMO it's significantly better if you can get some people to play it with you. Then there's Nintendo Land which you can probably get for cheap and have a bit of fun with by yourself but you'd be missing out on about half of the fun of that title if you never played with friends/family.

Beyond that I'd also keep an eye on Captain Toad and Splatoon. Splatoon in particular is starting to look like a mix of Team Fortress 2 and Portal, watch the trailer and that'll make sense. There's also a pretty decent chunk of smaller games on the platform some of which is also on Steam (Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Bit Trip Runner 2, SteamWorld Dig) and others which are Nintendo only (NES Remix, Mutant Mudds, Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, Scram Kitty). I wouldn't buy the platform for these games but if you do get it I'd give them a look.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Is there going to be a Wii U + Smash Bros bundle?

I am seriously about to sell my second 780Ti and use the cash to buy a Wii U and some gamepads.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

Is there going to be a Wii U + Smash Bros bundle?

I am seriously about to sell my second 780Ti and use the cash to buy a Wii U and some gamepads.

Rumors says yes. But only rumors.

There is an image out there, but some believe it is a fake due to the wording used on a word.

Reviews for Smash are starting to come out so just to hammer the point home. Top five new games for 2014 via Metacritic:

- Smash Bros (Wii U)

- Dark Souls 2 (PC, 360, PS3)

- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

- Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, XBOne, PS4, 360, PS3)

- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

So Wii U + PC = win

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

Reviews for Smash are starting to come out so just to hammer the point home. Top five new games for 2014 via Metacritic:

- Smash Bros (Wii U)

- Dark Souls 2 (PC, 360, PS3)

- Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)

- Dragon Age: Inquisition (PC, XBOne, PS4, 360, PS3)

- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

So Wii U + PC = win

Yes, and Nintendo can actually release games at 1080p and 60fps :D

Tbf like i said i buy all my pc games, nintendo games rarely interest me so i'm not going to pay 200 plus 40 per game for games i won't enjoy, i just try them out, i've tried so hard to get into zelda

You're in the wrong thread then. The OP is clearly interested in Nintendo's games. Is it THAT hard to understand? You're just in here to shit on something you don't like, right?

Also, Nintendo's games overpriced? You have got to be kidding. They gave away Windwaker HD for free to anyone who bought a copy of Mario Kart 8 and I got Pikmin 3 brand new for just 18€. If that kind of stuff is too expensive for you, then you should just stop breathing.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

Also, Nintendo's games overpriced? You have got to be kidding. They gave away Windwaker HD for free to anyone who bought a copy of Mario Kart 8 and I got Pikmin 3 brand new for just 18€. If that kind of stuff is too expensive for you, then you should just stop breathing.

To add, even if you pay full price the games, the games are super polished, with high attention to details, and they are virtually bug free (extremely hard to find a bug even if you try).

The massive majority of games these days from third party companies are filled with bugs and issues on all platform, and you have to wait for patches. You have no such thing with Nintendo games. That alone is worth the "premium" price (which is still 10$ cheaper than PS4 and XBox One day 1, big title games) And many of them have day 1 DLC, or the game is visually cut out for DLC content that is expected to be released later on, which once again, you don't have with Nintendo games.

And so far, DLC content on Nintendo are cheap in comparison, and they are not DLC, they are expansion packs. There isn't a DLC content from Nintendo where you'll feel you got screwed over, even if you hate Nintendo with a passion because they killed your family, and friends, you cant deny the value that you are getting from them for your dollar by comparison.

Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U is awesome! Combined with all the other Nintento games on the platform, it's a great buy.

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

Yes, and Nintendo can actually release games at 1080p and 60fps :D

You mean one game?

Anyone can release games in 1080 60 on any platform that supports the resolution, its just a matter of turning down the graphics and on screen action enough

While 60FPS in a little more common on the nintendo platform than 1080, its not really the norm either.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Anyone can release games in 1080 60 on any platform that supports the resolution, its just a matter of turning down the graphics and on screen action enough

yeah well they never do it on ps4 and one so..

yeah well they never do it on ps4 and one so..

1080 60

Metro Redux

MGSV

Tomb Raider

TLoU

Call of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty AW

Diablo III

Fifa 14+15

Minecraft

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Outlast

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Shadow Warrior

Sniper Elite 3

Trials Fusion

Trine 2

Wolfenstien: TNO

Infamous

GTAV

Shadow of Mordor

Killzone

Driveclub

Bloodborne

AC Black Flags

Destiny

Alien Isolation

Dragon Age III

Far Cry 4

Knack

LoTF

Need For Speed Rivals

Sleeping Dogs

The Crew

Theif

BF4

So, tell me, what are the 18 60FPS games on Wii U?

Or do you guys get 34 1080p games

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

1080 60

Metro Redux

MGSV

Tomb Raider

TLoU

Call of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty AW

Diablo III

Fifa 14+15

Minecraft

Outlast

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Shadow Warrior

Sniper Elite 3

Trials Fusion

Trine 2

Wolfenstien: TNO

Infamous

GTAV

Shadow of Mordor

Killzone

Driveclub

Bloodborne

AC Black Flags

Destiny

Alien Isolation

Dragon Age III

Far Cry 4

Knack

LoTF

Need For Speed Rivals

Sleeping Dogs

The Crew

Theif

BF4

So, tell me, what are the 18 60FPS games on Wii U?

Many of those games are "old" and/or undemanding.

Many of those games are "old" and/or undemanding.

As are all nintendo games if you want to call shots like that.

If you want 1080 or 60 the game can't be very demanding, especially on Wii U

As are all nintendo games if you want to call shots like that.

If you want 1080 or 60 the game can't be very demanding, especially on Wii U

No. For the console they are demanding. They don't need to have Wii level graphics or GameCube to deliver 1080p 60fps. They are superior than the previous console generation at a considerable amount, and deliver 1080p 60fps, for the games in question.

I just got Smash Bros. for Wii U, OMG BEST SMASH THERE EVER WAS. Yeah, I really like Nintendo, and all the games in 2015 have me waiting... 

It really is a good console, except for the Gamepad's lack of innovation in games, even though it has a touch screen, a camera, and a mic... WTF Nintendo?

even though it has a touch screen, a camera, and a mic... WTF Nintendo?

Yea. Well the touch screen is used with the pen with some games, like Beyonetta 2, Mario games, Pikmin 3, and Scribblenault, among many others.

The mic is used in smash brothers with friends, but lobby voice chat only. Nintendo says that it is to reduce lag during game play... I think the real reason is that Nintendo lack of expertise in server for online gaming, and pleasing parents, they are experimenting. They'll slowly get there.

The web cam and mic once again is for the Skype-like service that the WiiU supports. A bit silly, but it's there. Microsoft bought Skype, so there Nintendo had to go with someone else, especially for the custom integration to the Nintendo account, so that you don't need to create some other account somewhere before using it. I don't think anyone is using it, despite, from what I saw, decent. Does the job. I think Tank Tank Tank the game, uses it.

Yes. 

Why? 

Smash 4, Bayonetta 2 (which comes with 1), Mario Kart 8, Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors, Super Mario 3D World, Smash 4, A possible Star Fox game, the next Zelda game, Xenoblade, Smash 4, Mario Party 10...and oh Smash 4. 

No. For the console they are demanding. They don't need to have Wii level graphics or GameCube to deliver 1080p 60fps. They are superior than the previous console generation at a considerable amount, and deliver 1080p 60fps, for the games in question.

i am a reasonable person, but that same can be said about the titles i referenced

like say rayman legends is 108060 on every platform from Ps4 to Wii U

But Metro Redux is very much a demanding title, and it exceeds anything last gen could do while being 1080 60.

the only cheap shots in my list are:

1080 60

Tomb Raider

TLoU

Not entirely 60FPS, but neither is bayonetta 2

Minecraft

Outlast

Trials Fusion

Trine 2

Indies, or otherwise not very demanding 

Bloodborne

The Crew

Unreleased

The wii u does impress with some titles but i get a little roughed up when things are said to the point that the Wii U has more 1080 60, or even more 60fps games at all. What is the list of 1080 60 Wii U games?

Rayman Legends

Smash 4

Wind Waker

?

Bayo 1,2

MK8

There aren't a lot of good sources on this stuff, so forgive me if you know any more

who the hell cares.

Obviously some people, otherwise this thread hadn't been made.

Obviously some people, otherwise this thread hadn't been made.

the smallest things..