Alternatives to standard ISP router/switch/wifi boxes?

pipnina

I recently got my internet changed and thought to myself, what a wonderful wooorrld "Is it possible to change the standard all-in-one internet box they provide me with for a more complicated network setup, or is the all-in-one box necessary for my connection to the ISP?"

Anyone here know the answer? It's been bugging me!

People never learn. If you don't tell us where you come from nobody can help you -.-

I come from the depths of mordor England.

I come from the depths of mordor England.

what isp as some at least in us will kill you if you cnahge it *cough* *cough* Comcast *cough**cough* but yes you should be able to

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

what isp as some at least in us will kill you if you cnahge it *cough* *cough* Comcast *cough**cough* but yes you should be able to

VirginMedia. I like their service mostly. But I would rather still have 60 down and 40 up than 152 down and 12 up (If I upload more than 2GB in an hour they half it for an hour as well. sucks)

Although I don't actually want to replace my network equipment, I am rather interested, I will want to one day.