Terraria Stops Working While Naming Character

I'll list off a few things that may help.

See if verifying integrity of game cache will work via: Right click the game in steam library > Properties > Local files (tab) > Verifying integrity of game cache

Try setting the program .exe to launch in compatibility mode: navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria" > right click the game .exe > properties > compatibility (tab) > under "compatibility" tick the box > select compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Can try updating your graphics drivers to the latest or rollback to the previous. 

Can try updating direct X from: here

If they all fail maybe show us the Event Viewer log Like mine here:

tPxR3xA.png

Should come under the description of "application error" at the exact time the crash happens. Just search "Event Viewer" in start menu. Just copy paste exactly what's in box 4 onto the forum if it's still a problem and I'll look into it further.

Please let me know if any of these worked and don't forget to hit the best answer button if it did ;)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'll list off a few things that may help.

See if verifying integrity of game cache will work via: Right click the game in steam library > Properties > Local files (tab) > Verifying integrity of game cache

Try setting the program .exe to launch in compatibility mode: navigate to "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria" > right click the game .exe > properties > compatibility (tab) > under "compatibility" tick the box > select compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Can try updating your graphics drivers to the latest or rollback to the previous. 

Can try updating direct X from: here

If they all fail maybe show us the Event Viewer log Like mine here:

tPxR3xA.png

Should come under the description of "application error" at the exact time the crash happens. Just search "Event Viewer" in start menu. Just copy paste exactly what's in box 4 onto the forum if it's still a problem and I'll look into it further.

Please let me know if any of these worked and don't forget to hit the best answer button if it did ;)

When I verify the integrity of the game cache, it says "One files failed to validate and will be reaquired", then it seems to download something, but still fail.

Compatibility mode didn't seem to work.

I am pretty sure that my graphics card doesn't support a newer version of directx, but Terraria worked before so I don't know why it's doing this now.

When I go into event viewer, it says "Event Log service is unavailable, verify that the service is running." I can't seem to find a solution to this.

Here is a tutorial to enable event viewer

Enabling Even Log Service
    Click "Start," type "Services" and press Enter to open the Services window.
    Scroll to the bottom and look for "Windows Event Log" and verify it is "Started" and set to "Automatic" in the third and fourth columns, respectively. If not, you will need to change it.
    Double click the "Windows Event Log" entry. Click the drop-down menu by "Startup type" to choose "Automatic." Click "Start" to run the service. Click "Apply" to accept the changes and "OK" to close the window.

Once enabled, replicate the problem and then check event viewer to see if it's been logged. Then report back with the crash info :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Here is a tutorial to enable event viewer

Once enabled, replicate the problem and then check event viewer to see if it's been logged. Then report back with the crash info :)

Thanks for the help with Event Viewer.

Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x4f158690

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.296, time stamp: 0x50484aa9

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x000cccac

Faulting process id: 0xe84

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce62d5e22f2ab4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Report Id: 2bbb2a9d-cec9-11e2-ad39-93765a7f96f2

Well, it looks like Microsoft framework is the issue. Try updating it with the latest version http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=30653

PS: only if your using win7 sp1, which I believe you are.

Let me know if it worked :)

Uninstall Microsoft framework via control panel > uninstall/change program. Then re-install framework 4.0 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851

I installed the latest Framework, now it does something different.

E7ipGBU.png?1?1133

Shit goes down when you devide by zero :D

a>

Uninstall Microsoft framework via control panel > uninstall/change program. Then re-install framework 4.0 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Faulting application name: Terraria.exe, version: 1.0.4.0, time stamp: 0x4f158690
Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.0.30319.1, time stamp: 0x4ba1d9ef
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Fault offset: 0x000ccd3c
Faulting process id: 0xe94
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce6342c4aa9db2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
Report Id: 18004b34-cf36-11e2-932d-f6171dfb98ff

Got another "has stopped working".