wondering if there is such a thing as a fake note 2 mainboard?

I rooted my galaxy note 2 a few months ago, so i sent in the phone to Samsung and they told me that the mainboard had burnt out.

So i did not repair the phone due to the high cost(300$+) , so i went to a  phone shop to ask and the guy told me that the repair would cost me less than 200$

So i was think what is the difference other than price, do the people at the phone shop use genuine parts for servicing?

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

I rooted my galaxy note 2 a few months ago, so i sent in the phone to Samsung and they told me that the mainboard had burnt out.

So i did not repair the phone due to the high cost(300$+) , so i went to a  phone shop to ask and the guy told me that the repair would cost me less than 200$

So i was think what is the difference other than price, do the people at the phone shop use genuine parts for servicing?

Its not fake, samsung will obviously charge you a premium

I tried to order a laptop hinge from dell once, they wanted £100 for the part which was £10 off ebay

for example, get a BMW serviced/repaired at a BMW garage, it will cost double getting it done with your local mechanic

EDIT: forgot to say, its possible some parts are not genuine, or they could be grey imports, or refurbished/used/salvaged parts - or have no warranty etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

That's something you'd have to ask them directly, and very specifically about what exactly needs replacing. Some may, some may not, some may use some genuine parts, while others are aftermarket.

If I had to give you an answer, my guess would be no, they are not genuine/OEM, but again, I do not know for certain.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB