Weirdest Place You Have Ever Built A PC?

Exclamati0n

Just as the topic states, where is the weirdest place you have ever built a computer?

To start it off the back of a 1989 Pontiac Firebird going a tad over the speed limit on 280 Northbound towards San Francisco for a friend's LAN party that was going to start in two hours.  So young, so dumb.  Its 2003, we just graduated high school.

You try unboxing everything in a cramped space, screws and cables bouncing all over the place, installing everything just so he could play Starcraft at the destination because he was on heavy caffiene.

Yes, it booted up and ran Brood War just fine.

Just as the topic states, where is the weirdest place you have ever built a computer?

To start it off the back of a 1989 Pontiac Firebird going a tad over the speed limit on 280 Northbound towards San Francisco for a friend's LAN party that was going to start in two hours.  So young, so dumb.  Its 2003, we just graduated high school.

You try unboxing everything in a cramped space, screws and cables bouncing all over the place, installing everything just so he could play Starcraft at the destination because he was on heavy caffiene.

Yes, it booted up and ran Brood War just fine.

NOICE! thats pretty ghetto

Talking about fearless, i built my pc on my carpet, in a pretty humid environment, while wearing socks and touching a power supply that wasnt grounded. Everything worked fine lol

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Completly took apart a laptop on a plane to from Kiev to London. The reason was that we would be sitting still for nearly 4 hours, so we might aswell change the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. It got put back together in time and everything was good. So i might not have build it, but it was still a pretty strange place to take apart a laptop.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

on a carpet in an unconditioned house in the swamp next to a barn.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Completly took apart a laptop on a plane to from Kiev to London. The reason was that we would be sitting still for nearly 4 hourse, so we might aswell change the thermal paste on the CPU and GPU. It got put back togeter in time and everything was good. So i might not have build it, but it was still a pretty strange place to take apart a laptop.

how the hell they let you through with a screwdriver on the plane lolz xD

and for me i built my 2nd pc on a carpeted floor completely forgetting about grounding myself

also for my 1st pc ever built...i screwed my motherboard directly to the motherboard tray without using standoffs.....it was shorting out but after fixing it....the pc is still working to this day hehh

In my room on my desk , am i dull?

Interested in Business and Technology

NOICE! thats pretty ghetto

Talking about fearless, i built my pc on my carpet, in a pretty humid environment, while wearing socks and touching a power supply that wasnt grounded. Everything worked fine lol

exactly how I do it, nothing ever goes wrong. lol

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

how the hell they let you through with a screwdriver on the plane lolz xD

You have no idea how sloppy the airport control was in Ukraine at that time. We basically had a screwdriver set, two laptops, about 2 liters of ethanol (don't ask) and way to much luggage to fit in the above head compartments. It wouldn't surprise me if there was lifestock in the restrooms

You have no idea how sloppy the airport control was in Ukraine at that time. We basically had a screwdriver set, two laptops, about 2 liters of ethanol (don't ask) and way to much luggage to fit in the above head compartments. It wouldn't surprise me if there was lifestock in the restrooms

hahaha  i love the "2 liters of ethanol ( dont ask )"

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

yeah, everyone carry's 2 liters of ethanol on planes? don't you?

yeah, everyone carry's 2 liters of ethanol on planes? don't you?

Lets just say the story ended with one of us hospitalized and the other waking up in a police station because "He was yelling at trees and trying to feed a mailbox rocks"

ONCE i took my ram and gpu out and ram out ON A CARPET!!

believe it or not, after that my other pcs motherboard broke(ironic).

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Lets just say the story ended with one of us hospitalized and the other waking up in a police station because "He was yelling at trees and trying to feed a mailbox rocks"

you dont understand how much im laughing right now.

I built a pc en-route to intel lanfest in the back of my 78 chevy van on the shag carpet and futon in the back, good thing I have a ACϟDC power converter because it took about 20 min of trouble shooting before it booted,

thinking of turning my van into a mobile tech/Gaming/war-driving station with the strongest wifi antennas I can get for a reasonable price.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.