CPU for thin devices

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew of a cpu that was thin and could fit in a laptop but still cheap and great performing enough to play games like minecraft or portal 2. If possible maybe even sonic generations! Or if you dont know then should a just use a intel pentium g3258 or a amd athlon x4 860k and also I would want a good cpu fan too! Thanks for looking at this thread.

You can't put a desktop CPU in a laptop...

Do you want a Slim desktop. Or a laptop?

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

You can... It's just no common, and usually expensive...

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

And you can't buy off the shelf laptop coolers.

The Pentium M was the same socket as the Pentium D. 

But that was long ago. 

And you can't buy off the shelf laptop coolers.

The Pentium M was the same socket as the Pentium D. 

But that was long ago. 

You can buy laptop cooling pads. You can also get laptops that have full fledged 3820's, 3930K's, 3960X's and more. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

What? Isn't the CPU soldered onto the mobo these days...

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

What? Isn't the CPU soldered onto the mobo these days...

'Tis

Laptop CPUs tend to be soldered in, don't they? You can't just build one and replace it like you can a desktop.

You can buy laptop cooling pads. You can also get laptops that have full fledged 3820's, 3930K's, 3960X's and more. 

Cooling pads are not the same as a laptop Copper heatsink. With a heat pipe.

No, you cannot replace the CPU in your laptop unless you bought a very specific gaming laptop for $3000 that has this extremely rare feature (which you probably have not, judging by your knowledge in PC)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

yup... https://www.pro-star.com/index.cfm?mainpage=productdetail&model=P570WM

System: 5930K, MSI X99 SLI PLUS, GTX 780Ti (SLI),  840 EVO, Fractal R4 (Full Custom Loop)  (IP)

Media Server/Perm Folder: i3 4130, CX500, 4 X WD Red 1TB, 60GB Adata SSD for boot, Node 304, ASrock Z87-E ITX, 8GB Kingston Value Ram