Gaming Laptop with Decent Battery

TheAndyPanda

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I do a fair amount of CAD and 3D work. Mobile workstations tend to get pretty pricey though, and being a student I can't afford that. I was wondering what gaming laptops around the $1000 - $1200 (CAD) mark get the best battery life? Other specs I'm looking for are an i7 quad core and 860m graphics, but I'm flexible here. 

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for a new laptop, and I do a fair amount of CAD and 3D work. Mobile workstations tend to get pretty pricey though, and being a student I can't afford that. I was wondering what gaming laptops around the $1000 - $1200 (CAD) mark get the best battery life? Other specs I'm looking for are an i7 quad core and 860m graphics, but I'm flexible here. 

Thanks!

is really tough when it comes to battery life on laptops you know..

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

you dont, there meant to be portable but plugged in for heavy work.

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Lenovo IdeaPad Y50 if you like, up to 4 hours like others that have i7 4c/8t and gtx 860....

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

In general getting a Gaming Laptop with a long battery is extremely hard...

But a Y50 does well...

Because he had a hard drive.

I know money can be thin but if you're using this for actually work WORKstation is is the way to go.

In general getting a Gaming Laptop with a long battery is extremely hard...

But a Y50 does well...

Ya I've heard good things about the Y50. What about the new ASUS G551, has anyone heard what kind of life that gets? ASUS claims 5 hours but who real world?

And I know they're hard to find, I was just asking in case anyone had some better than most ones that I hadn't found.

I know money can be thin but if you're using this for actually work WORKstation is is the way to go.

All the workstations I've looked at are decidedly out of my price range, and I have a desktop for the hardcore tasks. I just need something than do decent work on the go, and gaming laptops usually have the right stuff for that.

This will help you decide. Comparaboo's Best Rated Gaming Laptops, its dynamic so it is always up to date and super helpful! You will be able to see which gaming laptops have rated highest based user satisfaction with battery power and other specs. 

Something with the new 970M/980M series would do the job.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz